The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Suggestions?
01-04-2014, 02:18 PM
RE: Suggestions?
How about Nano-virus cure research NOT STARTING AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME!!!
Maybe start it when it is detected / most of the world is infected / after anomalous blood testing.
Especially when starting on a poor country in "Who Cares?" scenario.
And start it earlier at "Created Equal".

AIDS Scenario (I think it's gonna be part of Mutation 8 but if not, I'll cry in despair)
Occurs in a hyper-advanced Utopian civilization where AIDS has been eradicated and a vaccine is continuously used in Rich countries
Plague type: Bio-weapon
2-phase plague (mentioned somewhere in this thread)
Lethality and Severity gradually increases after the game progresses (using time as basis)
Built-in Transmissions: Blood 1, Blood 2
Infect the whole world EXACTLY BEFORE 7-10 YEARS
Symptoms unlock after 5 years

Change world map in Mirror Earth.
Make ice caps prominent on Africa and Arid countries
Change Greenland to a desert

Minor/Major changes in the Special Plagues
Neurax:
Cure money increased
Government invests on cure research (MBrutal difficulty, once Worm threatens the world / country is infected)
Add Autism / Necrophilia / ADHD / etc. in Symptoms
Make Trojan Planes more slower in countries hard to reach (eg. Philippines to Greenland)
Psychosis is lethal
Necroa:
Cure possible on Mega-Brutal (what's the point of the Cure research when Cytopathic Reanimation when they could buy chansaws or s.th.?)
Speaking of which...
More and more weapons given to the civilians/students in Mega Brutal
More weapons invested by Z-Com
Mass heatwaves/coldwaves occurring around the world (still same effect)

Kinemortophobia (fear of zombies) scenario
Plague type: Necroa Virus (what else)
Rich countries who are more attached to media are much more aware (poor countries vulnerable to zombie outbreaks)
Everyone in Rich countries have lots of weapons already
Z-Com in every country with a sithload of weapons, but will only activate once zombie outbreak starts (let's make it more brutal, shall we?)
Massive bunker in all Rich countries, rendering some people unable to be infected
Once the Necroa is detected and many are zombified, all Z-Com bases will activate
Once Cytopathic Reanimation bought (and >5% zombified), ALL COUNTRIES will close ALL borders (land, sea, and air).
Z-Com responds more to Hordes (Regenerative Action still effective)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2014, 01:27 AM
Change the "Modify Genetic Code" screen? Maybe make it look like the one on the mobile version?
02-04-2014, 02:59 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2014 03:06 AM by TheMCZom538.)
I guess this is where suggestions go. So here are a few. (Some might be repeated)

- Allow the user to interface with the pathogen. ie. Bacteria. ex. If the user clicked on the shell of the bacteria, it would prompt some upgrades like shell hardening or drug resistance. And if the outer fiber were clicked on, then they can change how it transmits or some of the symptoms.

- Have the image of the pathogen change and not zoom in and out of it.

- Add more symptoms!
02-04-2014, 06:54 PM
So after 11 hours of playing I've made a list of changes I'd like to suggest:

Small things:

*Key remapping*: I would really like to be able to change the hotkey configurations to suit my preferences

To be able to see all of the plague types/speed runs on one screen without scrolling. Given that the viewing area is so much bigger than on an iPhone, it would be nice to not have to scroll to see more than the first three types.

To be able to see at a glance on the world page which countries are 100% infected. Either a separate map or a third colour.

Make it a bit easier to click on islands. Trying to click on the Caribbean or New Zealand without zooming in can be a little bit frustrating

To be able to play all plague types on Cheat Mode (although I believe this is forthcoming already)

Show previous records on Speed Run, like in the app.

Have the option to play the original soundtracks from the app.

Bigger things:

More realistic travel ports. Nearly every country in the world has an airport and the coastal ones all have seaports. I know part of it is to make the game more interesting by limiting transmission to sea- or road-access only, but what about something like making each country low/medium/high traffic? Eg. UK would be high traffic and Greenland would be low.

Trans-Pacific traffic!

Possible glitches:
I've noticed a lot of inconsistent pricing on Mega Brutal mode. For instance"
-In some games the cost of symptoms increases over time without evolving any other symptoms. In the span of 6 months, Total Organ Failure once rose from 52 DNA points to 68 without the player doing anything. In another run of the same game, it didn't increase at all.
-Sometimes the cost of symptoms or abilities increases by 2 DNA points for each trait evolved and sometimes it only increases by 1 point. Maybe there's a pattern I'm missing but I can't seem to figure it out.

When playing Necroa virus with Darwinist, it only seems to mutate symptoms from the left branch (Insomnia/Fever/Photophobia etc), never from the right (Hyper Salivation, etc.). It might be coincidence, but I've played 6 games and it always mutates from the left tree.
02-04-2014, 09:58 PM
Don't show the beginner instructions every playtrough!!!
03-04-2014, 01:16 AM
Besides being lazy to keep up my first post, Plague Inc. Evolved should have an option to change the date format, because sometimes I get confused seeing something like 20/4/2014. I'm used to day / month / year, so maybe you could implement this as a thing?
03-04-2014, 01:18 AM
(03-04-2014 01:16 AM)Chezz Wrote:  Besides being lazy to keep up my first post, Plague Inc. Evolved should have an option to change the date format, because sometimes I get confused seeing something like 20/4/2014. I'm used to day / month / year, so maybe you could implement this as a thing?

I guess they'll implement this along with the next few languages.
03-04-2014, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2014 04:05 PM by LiquidBa38c.)
(03-04-2014 01:18 AM)Pandemi Wrote:  
(03-04-2014 01:16 AM)Chezz Wrote:  Besides being lazy to keep up my first post, Plague Inc. Evolved should have an option to change the date format, because sometimes I get confused seeing something like 20/4/2014. I'm used to day / month / year, so maybe you could implement this as a thing?

I guess they'll implement this along with the next few languages.

Afaik date representation is done internally at the moment, so I'm afraid that implementing the translations won't help. You will have to make the devs put the date format in a translation string or manage it in another way.

Now to my suggestion:
Whenever you destroy a cure bubble, you prevent the cure progress from rising 1-3% or so. In my opinion this is not enough for many of the users. You should directly have a visual impact, like reducing the cure process by 1-3% (depending on difficulty).
Of course you will have to adjust the frequency of the bubble spawnings but this way the user would be looking forward to destroying those pesky little bubbles, instead of associating them with work.

Furthermore Id change the bubble-popping genes. Currently all 3 grant you some dna points. boring, plus I have rarely taken the orange and blue bubble-popping ones, since reds are that much superior, when aiming for speed. Id do it like this:

Cytochrome Surge (orange) - Bonus DNA
Metabolic Jump (red) - Higher local infectivity in the first X months
Catalytic Switch (blue) - More impact when reducing the cure process
03-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Tweak the growth of the Neurax Worm in the 3D Brain Scanner. The Neurax Worm isn't supposed to grow tendrils after Cerebral Breach and Cerebral Tendrils are bought. But when I evolve everything in the Transmission and Abilities tab, the 3D Brain Scanner shows that the Worm has already grown tendrils in certain parts of the brain, when it's not supposed to, right?
10-04-2014, 05:16 AM
This has not been mentioned before, but voice chat would be awesome in the game.

~Hollow.