The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Translate Plague Inc: Evolved
27-03-2014, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2015 12:46 PM by NdemicTea7.)
Plague Inc Translate Plague Inc: Evolved
If you want to help us translate Plague Inc: Evolved into different languages – this is the place. Please read the following and then head over to the Language Evolution Chamber (translation site Tongue). We can’t do it without you!

If your language isn't available, please vote for it here.

Current Status - last updated 01/08/14
  • Languages fully added: German, Russian, French, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), Italian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Hungarian, Norwegian, Polish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Arabic, Irish, Greek, Thai, Bulgarian.
  • Translations/voting needed for: Almost all languages - we aim for over 10 votes on all strings before moving to approval stage
  • Approval Stage:
  • Adding to game: Norwegian, Japanese, Turkish, Polish
  • In game: Russian, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Italian, Chinese (simplified and traditional)
How you can help
  1. Go to the Language Evolution Chamber (you will need to make a free account)
  2. Select a language you are fluent in
  3. Select the Glossary to get started (this contains common Plague Inc. words which will be useful later on)
  4. Vote for the best translation (using the “+” and “-“ buttons, or the “Vote” tab), or write your own translations.
  5. Translate/vote as much as you can - every word counts! Once you have infected the glossary, please move on to the full Plague Inc: Evolved project.
Translation guidelines

1. The glossary contains common words across the project. These words should be standardised and translated in the same way across the game.
  2. Some words will be underlined. Mouse-over them to see if they are a “standardised word” (i.e. they are in the glossary) or should not be translated. Standardised translations can also be see in the terminology tab on the right hand side.
  3. Please remember to keep any capital letters in the appropriate places of translations.
  4. Words that start with a “%” are variables that pull data from elsewhere in the code. Please keep these variables exactly as they are – do not translate them.
  5. If there are two variables in a string (e.g. %s infects %s) the code will pull the variables in the same order as English, and cannot be changed. This can have an effect on how you construct sentences.
  6. The character target in the context field suggests the size of the space for the text that is available in the game. They are not strict limits, but if there is too much text then it won’t look good in-game. There is a character count on the right hand side.
  7. For discussions about strings, please use the comments section on the right hand side.
  8. If you have an issue (e.g. you need more info on the context) then create an issue in the comments section and we will get back to you.
  9. Do not use quotation marks: " - this confuses the code. Use apostrophes: ' or something instead
What needs to happen before the translations infect the game?
  1. We upload text strings from Plague Inc: Evolved and add them to the translation tool
  2. The community can suggest translations for each string
  3. If a string has already been translated, the community should vote for the most suitable translation
  4. When enough voting has taken place, we will appoint a proofreader to approve the translation of every string
  5. Once all strings have been approved, they will be added into the game
  6. Iterations of this may be required when updates require new text
Who are the proofreaders?
We have appointed proofreaders for several languages. Proofreaders may be community translators, professional translators, or just people we know!

So far our proofreaders have done an excellent job. They are:
German - Zugai (previously Liquid Bacon)
French - yan yankelevitch
Russian - Inakrin Gibs
Spanish - Abetus
Italian - NEMESIS8010
Portuguese - cflanca
Norwegian - rebe41
Chinese - Tarne
Japanese - sunnyday
Polish - Flamerog
Turkish - eayurdaer
Czech - Rychleji
Korean - onlysky34

Are there more strings to come?
There will be a new file added at some point for the scenario creator. Apart from that, there will be a few new strings added as we move through early access, but the majority is up there now.

Thank you very much to all of you that have helped with the translations so far, we are amazed at the response we have had!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2014, 01:38 PM
RE: Translate Plague Inc: Evolved - Help us infect the world
But we will be in the credits as translators or something?, we work free and I think that be there would be great. Smile. At least as "Special Thanks, Contributors, etc" or something.
27-03-2014, 01:43 PM
(27-03-2014 01:38 PM)Abetu Wrote:  But we will be in the credits as translators or something?, we work free and I think that be there would be great. Smile. At least as "Special Thanks, Contributors, etc" or something.

Still looking into this. Top translators will definitely be recognised in some way though.
27-03-2014, 02:00 PM
Dutch. Smile

~Hollow.
27-03-2014, 02:21 PM
(27-03-2014 01:43 PM)NdemicT Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 01:38 PM)Abetu Wrote:  But we will be in the credits as translators or something?, we work free and I think that be there would be great. Smile. At least as "Special Thanks, Contributors, etc" or something.

Still looking into this. Top translators will definitely be recognised in some way though.

Oh this is great !!
Im one of the main spanish translators.
I have just translate the new part of the game. And the old parts are finished too. Smile

I cant wait to see my language into the game...
27-03-2014, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2014 02:58 PM by NdemicTea7.)
(27-03-2014 02:21 PM)Abetu Wrote:  Oh this is great !!
Im one of the main spanish translators.
I have just translate the new part of the game. And the old parts are finished too. Smile

I cant wait to see my language into the game...

Great, thanks, status updated!
27-03-2014, 08:13 PM
Hey there folks!

Since the game came out me and a friend of mine began translating the game to Hungarian language. Some of the files are already done, but we are still working on it. If you can add Hungarian to the translations list we would be happy Smile

Translators: John Angel (main translator), The_Reaper_CooL (mainly technical support)

Note that I've translated games in the past, and got my work included as official translation (for example Ittle Dew and Octodad - Dadliest Catch)
27-03-2014, 09:03 PM
Glad to see other languages coming! I'm not much in much but Spanish, but I have a friend who is willing to help with dutch! Let's translate to help spread the fun of PI:E
27-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Yay, possible Danish language incomming, GREAT! :3
28-03-2014, 09:39 AM
Ukrainian!