Ndemic Creations Forum

Full Version: Cure rate algorithm seems to fast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I'm new here but I played the game on my Android and loved it, so I decided to purchase the PC version.

One thing thing that seems to be unrealistic is the pace of treating the inflected once a cure is found. Both visually and in game time, it seems to happen overnight.

If it isn't already, I suggest that the algorithm take a few things into account to make it more realistic:

1. All ships and air travel has been suspended. Many countries are in state of anarchy. This alone should slow the distribution of the cure.

2. The time it takes to manufacture sufficient quantities: It can take a lot of time to make enough, under normal circumstances, even longer if the world is in chaos.
2b. Politics and regulations.

3. 3rd world countries often don't have the infrastructure to transport the cure, or trained medical staff to give the medication.

4. People who don't want the cure, either for religious reasons or they fear the effects will be worse than the benefits (e.g. immunizations and autism). Also, some of the effects you can choose is paranoia and lethargy, which would also slow things down.

5. General mistrust between countries.

Your thoughts?
I think the game is already easy enough.
Your ideas are epic. Very good for the pc version.

The problem is that some of your ideas require almost a complete rebuild of the game base or i could say the base core. Hopefully the game will be much mroe stable since and balancced since this is a early acces game.
Thanks for the thoughts.

Agree that it is unrealistic, but this is largely done for gameplay reasons. Once the cure has reached 100% you have effectively lost. Therefore it was generally quite depressing to play when the cure took a long time to be distributed - it was basically drawing out the pain of your loss for a bit longer!
(10-03-2015 11:47 AM)NdemicT Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the thoughts.

Agree that it is unrealistic, but this is largely done for gameplay reasons. Once the cure has reached 100% you have effectively lost. Therefore it was generally quite depressing to play when the cure took a long time to be distributed - it was basically drawing out the pain of your loss for a bit longer!

Also giving you more time to evolve that nasty genetic reshuffle
Reference URL's