Ndemic Creations Forum

Full Version: Send us your city images! UPDATE: COMPLETE!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

:huh:How can I post images in Flickr?Undecided Do I need account or something like that?Sad Please answer!!!Exclamation
(16-04-2014 03:14 PM)Flamathe Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have images of Brazil?

We have Brazil, thanks.
Hi all. An update as to what we still need at this stage - and thanks to all for the images so far - we are still looking for:
  • Madagascar (There is no Commons-usable freedom of panorama in Madagascar, so need landscape image)
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Peru
  • Philippines (Same as Madagascar, see here)
  • Saudi Arabia (also no freedom of panorama)
  • South Africa (again, no freedom of panorama, see here)

Info on getting us the images - we're using them as a bottom-left images you see in the game when viewing a country. They tell the story of the progress of the disease (e.g. here to here):
  • Photos need to be fairly standardised in terms of framing, content, perspective etc. e.g. this to this
  • The horizon needs to be mid-frame so there is space above and below it for us to add things to the game. Photos need to be a street-level side-on view of a cityscape with some sky showing in the top and a clear skyline de-marking the city from the backdrop.
  • Photos need to be taken during the day in good light.
  • We need to images to be confirmed that they are taken by you and you're giving us permission to use them. The licence we've been using until now has been Creative Commons allowed for modification and commercial use - http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ - they must be your image. Please don't search for images you like and send them to us as we can't use most images.
  • We need them to have the space in so that we can add the stages of destruction; so if there are too many people or vehicles in, then removing them leaves too many holes in the image.
  • Ideally they are images of iconic places in that location. So that players get a feel for the place and that as a city. However in the country taken, we need to have the 'freedom of panorama' to use the image.
  • To be shot at a level angle looking forwards, so not looking down or up onto the location.

Thanks!
(17-04-2014 03:56 AM)Neurax Worm control Wrote: [ -> ]
:huh:How can I post images in Flickr?Undecided Do I need account or something like that?Sad Please answer!!!Exclamation

Hey,

Yes you do definitely need to create a flickr account so it's much easier. Also, make sure you allow Ndemic Creations to use your photo by this: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
Why Chile is not listed? On the map of the game there is no division between Chile and Argentina.
Hello~!
I'm living in S.Korea and saw that you need some pictures of Korea for upgrading Plague inc:Evolved!
Because I'm living in Seoul(capital of S.Korea) and also Big fan of your game, I'll upload some better Korea images for you! ! !
Unluckly, right now Korea is raining, and cause of that rain, I can not take good pictures in near days. . .
I'll take better images and give them to you as soon as possible Big Grin
(28-04-2014 09:44 AM)flsh040 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello~!
I'm living in S.Korea and saw that you need some pictures of Korea for upgrading Plague inc:Evolved!
Because I'm living in Seoul(capital of S.Korea) and also Big fan of your game, I'll upload some better Korea images for you! ! !
Unluckly, right now Korea is raining, and cause of that rain, I can not take good pictures in near days. . .
I'll take better images and give them to you as soon as possible Big Grin

They don't need a photo of korea anymore, read their recent post.

(28-04-2014 03:22 AM)G555 Wrote: [ -> ]Why Chile is not listed? On the map of the game there is no division between Chile and Argentina.

Topics like this have been discussed before. The game really can't put every single country in the game because it'll be a pain in the a** to click on them (especially a country that is very small or thin) and Chile is not listed for photos because either they already have it or don't need it.
I could get you a picture for Philippines. Though only in Davao City as I don't live in the capital. Should I go for it?

Edit: I know of a place that perfectly matches the poor status of our country. I'll have them taken when it's usually hot. I'll have them up here in about 2 days max.
(29-04-2014 01:06 PM)kaidom Wrote: [ -> ]I could get you a picture for Philippines. Though only in Davao City as I don't live in the capital. Should I go for it?

Edit: I know of a place that perfectly matches the poor status of our country. I'll have them taken when it's usually hot. I'll have them up here in about 2 days max.

That would be great! Please do look at the notes and guidance on my last post. Thanks.

(25-04-2014 11:53 AM)drsteuber Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-04-2014 03:56 AM)Neurax Worm control Wrote: [ -> ]

Hey,

Yes you do definitely need to create a flickr account so it's much easier. Also, make sure you allow Ndemic Creations to use your photo by this: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

Thanks for helping out with info!
Not necessarily the city (I don't go there often), but here's 1 Military Hospital in Pretoria, South Africa.
I took these just before I left.
Feel free to comment and give some more info on specifics Wink

https://flic.kr/ps/2TPiM7
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Reference URL's