Ndemic Creations Forum

Full Version: game won't start on android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not sure if this goes here or in the bug reporting thread, but that thread looks like it's more for PC, so I'll post here... if it needs to be moved, please do so.

Earlier this morning I purchased the game using coins through the Amazon App store. I installed it and everything looked ok. Every time I start the game, I get an alert that says "Unfortunately, Plague Inc has stopped." and I'm unable to play. I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling, rebooting, rebooting again, uninstalling again... nothing seems to make any difference.

Any idea where I can look to get more info on what's making it crash?

VZW Galaxy S4 rooted with CM11
Sadly, you arent alone in this. the android version seems bugged. NDemic probably knows about the issue and is more than likely workingon it. but remember, this game is still in alpha/beta testing. There is more to come, more to see, and lots to fix. but dont give up hope my friend, for the future is rife with disease and death and horrors unimaginable! WE SHALL ALL DIE SOON!

Big Grin
(08-07-2014 10:22 AM)The Silver Fo Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly, you arent alone in this. the android version seems bugged. NDemic probably knows about the issue and is more than likely workingon it. but remember, this game is still in alpha/beta testing. There is more to come, more to see, and lots to fix. but dont give up hope my friend, for the future is rife with disease and death and horrors unimaginable! WE SHALL ALL DIE SOON!

Big Grin

Well, I'd like to say that I'm glad I'm not alone, but that's even more disheartening that it's more than just me. I've got it working on my Nexus 7, so I'll have to be satisfied to rain death and devastation down on a larger screen.

Big Grin
Interestingly, installing the game from Google Play works just fine. I guess I may have to purchase it twice to be able to play on my phone. :/
(08-07-2014 03:31 PM)tehgree Wrote: [ -> ]Interestingly, installing the game from Google Play works just fine. I guess I may have to purchase it twice to be able to play on my phone. :/

Glad it is working in one sense. If you still want help, then please email support@miniclip.com. Miniclip handle the technical side of the Android version for us.
(09-07-2014 11:22 AM)NdemicT Wrote: [ -> ]Glad it is working in one sense. If you still want help, then please email support@miniclip.com. Miniclip handle the technical side of the Android version for us.

I filled out the support form on the site, but they said that because my phone was rooted they couldn't guarantee the game would work. I was hoping to find somebody else on the forums who had already gone through the same thing and could point me to what they did to get it working.

I'll keep digging, from what I've played it's really fun!
Wanted to post an update, I just gave up and bought it from the Google Play store and that version works just fine. I don't know what the deal was with the one from Amazon. I may try to install it again in the future to see if it's any better, but for now I'm having fun being able to lay waste to humanity.

NdemicMarc

(14-07-2014 09:17 PM)tehgree Wrote: [ -> ]Wanted to post an update, I just gave up and bought it from the Google Play store and that version works just fine. I don't know what the deal was with the one from Amazon. I may try to install it again in the future to see if it's any better, but for now I'm having fun being able to lay waste to humanity.

Glad it is fixed for you - if you have any further issues remember you can contact us via the support form on our website (http://www.ndemiccreations.com/en/1-support), or give us a shout again on the forums Smile
The game is not working for me too. I can start it and browse through menus with no problems. But when i start a scenario or simple game it enters a not responding state. a quick note: i can choose plague buffs and game difficulty with no problems. The not responding state is the easiest case. sometimes it hangs the whole phone so i have to force restart. This bug never happened on version 1.8, it started on 1.9. My phone is LG e510 optimus hub.
This thread told me it's not my phone, it's the game. Whenever I get close to winning the game will crash. I'll be deleting the game soon as I close my laptop.

Android user, been fighting bugs for about 4 days now.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's