Ndemic Creations Forum
Infection rate in Mega Brutal - Printable Version

+- Ndemic Creations Forum (https://forum.ndemiccreations.com)
+-- Forum: Ndemic Creations (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Plague Portal (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Plague Inc. Strategy (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+---- Thread: Infection rate in Mega Brutal (/showthread.php?tid=1983)

Infection rate in Mega Brutal - brfrit8cf - 01-01-2015 11:50 PM

Anyone has general suggestions for raising the infection rate fast in Mega Brutal with bacteria?

Just to give an example, I'm using this strategy with Bacteria and pretty much in ANY scenario or in the main game I'm achieving good results.
In Normal and Brutal is guaranteed to get at least one biohazard symbol, most of the time you will get two.

Start with the following genes:
Metabolic Jump
Genetic Mimic
Aerocyte or Aquacyte
Xerophile
Patho-Stasis

Start in India

Evolve Rat 1/2, Bird 1/2, Rural 1/2 and Extreme Zoonosis
If a pop-up appears about ship or planes using new sterilization techniques, evolve the correspondent transmission level 1 water or air, usually I evolve the first level of water 1 anyway.

Evolve cold 1/2, drug resistance 1/2 and bacterial resilience 1,2

I don't evolve ANYTHING beyond Coughing and when half of the world or when Caribbean, New Guinea, Philippines, New Zealand, Madagascar and Greenland are infected I start to evolve Sneezing and later Pneumonia.
Most of the time Greenland is the last country to be infected and since I have extreme zoonosis I evolve sneezing anyway.

At this point almost every country is infected by now, usually Greenland or Iceland have only a hundred people infected and the cure research already started and is usually 10% or more and progressing very fast.
For those worried, the next step is killing as fast as you can.

After Greenlan have close to 1000 people infected I evolve Immune Supression, Total Organ Failure, Fever, Skin Lesions and Necrosis. After gainning some more points from the deaths I evolve Hemorrhagic Shocking.
At this point is pretty much useless what the world would do or how percentage the cure research has, we are talking about 10 million deaths a day and the infection rate in Greenland and Iceland skyrocketed.
Sometimes there isn't even time for a country start to deliver a cure, so you don't have those blue planes flying. Big Grin

This is a general guideline I'm using but some scenarios have their singularities. In the Artificial Organs scenario for example, after everyone start to die and you gain enough DNA points from these deaths I also evolve Insomnia, Paranoia, Seizures and Insanity, so people start to reap the artificial organs from their bodies and the death rate isn't slowed.

But there's a general strategy to infect the world faster without attracting too much attenction to the desease?
Or infecting the world fast enough and still have enough points to evolve killing symptons fast? Wich is my problem in Mega Brutal, lack of DNA points to evolve the killing symptons.

Also excuse any grammatical or verbs errors, english is not my primary language.

RE: Infection rate in Mega Brutal - FlakeL662 - 03-01-2015 05:41 AM

Evolving just one or two symptoms will double the amount of DNA you get from DNA bubbles.

RE: Infection rate in Mega Brutal - brfrit8cf - 07-01-2015 07:16 PM

(03-01-2015 05:41 AM)FlakeLC Wrote:  Evolving just one or two symptoms will double the amount of DNA you get from DNA bubbles.

Sorry for the delay, but... yeah!

Thanks for the tip, using symptons for spreading the disease at the game start did the trick.
Then I evolved bird/rat/livestock and the rest was easy, I didn't had to spend too much points on symptons, sometimes only needing coughing, nausea, vomiting and sneezing, the rest evolved alone to the point I had total organ failure, necrosis, coma and hemorrhagic shock without spending a single point at them! Big Grin

And good lord, beating the game with virus type in mega brutal is very easy using this strategy.