Ndemic Creations Forum
Feedback and Questions - Printable Version

+- Ndemic Creations Forum (https://forum.ndemiccreations.com)
+-- Forum: Ndemic Creations (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Plague Portal (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Scenario Creator (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Thread: Feedback and Questions (/showthread.php?tid=2156)

Feedback and Questions - AnimalM5ba - 27-04-2015 08:16 PM

I played plague for the first time in a long time since the release of the ape and zombie on scenario editor.

You've done really well. Events lab is very useful.

Few issues noticed, events lab trait scrollers are invisible.

Also an old bug. If you choose a pre existing trait, particularly pathogen unique traits it can cause all icon graphics input to stop working until restart.

A couple more stroller errors where not enough room is available to view when additional drop down menus are added in the events lab.

I also found increasing 'infectivity increase' can slow down the game quite a bit. This also caused errors in the game replay. Notably a giant flashing blurry aeroplane graphic and some other unrecognisable graphics appeared very large on the replay screen

The random value, formula conditions and effects are bang on. The complexity of it all is very satisfying.

I would suggest allowing max of 4 'required traits' for symptoms, transmission and ability as it's currently limited to 3. Four should be enough though. As I did want to make a quadruple requirement but couldn't.

Would be nice to see the official scenario traits in the trait section.

Other than what I mention so far. It is really nice. Definitely still a proud buy almost a year on.

And one question;

Do you have any Jurassic World plans?

RE: Feedback and Questions - NdemicMarc - 28-04-2015 09:06 AM

(27-04-2015 08:16 PM)AnimalM Wrote:  I played plague for the first time in a long time since the release of the ape and zombie on scenario editor.

Also an old bug. If you choose a pre existing trait, particularly pathogen unique traits it can cause all icon graphics input to stop working until restart.

A couple more stroller errors where not enough room is available to view when additional drop down menus are added in the events lab.

I also found increasing 'infectivity increase' can slow down the game quite a bit. This also caused errors in the game replay. Notably a giant flashing blurry aeroplane graphic and some other unrecognisable graphics appeared very large on the replay screen

The random value, formula conditions and effects are bang on. The complexity of it all is very satisfying.

I would suggest allowing max of 4 'required traits' for symptoms, transmission and ability as it's currently limited to 3. Four should be enough though. As I did want to make a quadruple requirement but couldn't.

Other than what I mention so far. It is really nice. Definitely still a proud buy almost a year on.

And one question;

Thanks a lot for the detailed feedback - will definitely take a look into those Scenario Creator bugs you mentioned.

Regarding Jurassic World - no plans there, it's not something we had considered actually! Maybe we'll see what dinosaur scenarios the players can come up with in the custom scenarios Smile

RE: Feedback and Questions - NdemicTechSupc3e - 28-04-2015 11:41 AM

(27-04-2015 08:16 PM)AnimalM Wrote:  I played plague for the first time in a long time since the release of the ape and zombie on scenario editor.

And one question;

Can we just double-check the version number of your Scenario Creator? This can be found in the bottom right-hand side of the Scenario Creator homepage Smile

Thanks!

RE: Feedback and Questions - AnimalM5ba - 03-05-2015 08:46 PM

Just having a problem with some events.

Both these event creations do not fire and the game begins to run extremely slowly.

for Simian Flu;

World Lab has modified a single country to have a medical budget of '123' and population density '0.25' so these or one of these triggers should fire for a specific country that matches that criteria.

- Event 01,
Global Condition; Tech Evolved (any trait)
Country Condition; Medical Budget = 123
Outcome; Country Ape Infectivity += 5

and

- Event 01,
Global Condition; Tech Evolved (any trait)
Country Condition; Population Density = 0.25
Outcome; Country Ape Infectivity += 5

in actual fact i only need one of these triggers to work. however both methods cause serious issues, slowing gameplay down to an almost halt and never firing any attached new reports or outcomes.

Maybe take a look if you can.

Thanks for the replies!

My game is up to date.

RE: Feedback and Questions - AnimalM5ba - 04-05-2015 12:44 AM

To give you an idea.

World is pre-infected, apes kill by increasing the lethality of preinfected 'pithovirus' through events when apes are present in certain numbers in a human populated country.
Likewise, ape lethality will vary in the same way from country to country dependent on population values and/or evolved symptoms.

btw my icons need a little de-blurring like the baboon, marmoset and tasier, and one total redesign on the Lorisidae who doesnt quite fit. those four are first attempts
[Image: KY5XrjO.jpg]

So here is what i am trying to acheive; 'Orangutan populated regions' is either a unique 0.25 population density* or a unique medical budget, which outcomes +5 country specific ape infectivity. Very simple.

but here is what happens when attached event fires (Gorilla news report)

[Image: 5mqx0cq.jpg]

at this point the game runs incredibly slow.
The graphic issue doesnt always display, but it just so happend it did so i screened it.

It is this kind of effect i get on some replays of other scenarios too, distorted imagery.

Its basically a clue somethings happening that it doesnt want to run. and that is linked to population density and medical budget event conditions.
i wonder if this is something you can repair.

Thanks!

RE: Feedback and Questions - NdemicTechSupc3e - 06-05-2015 02:50 PM

Can you zip up your scenario and send it to pctechsupport@ndemiccreations.com please? That will help us diagnose whether this is an issue on your end or in general.

In the mean time, it's always good to check your graphics card drivers are up to date with issues like this Smile

Thanks

RE: Feedback and Questions - AnimalM5ba - 06-05-2015 04:26 PM

(06-05-2015 02:50 PM)NdemicTechSup Wrote:  Can you zip up your scenario and send it to pctechsupport@ndemiccreations.com please? That will help us diagnose whether this is an issue on your end or in general.

In the mean time, it's always good to check your graphics card drivers are up to date with issues like this Smile

Thanks

No Problem, I will do it some point today.
it is a universal problem, as i have tested it under various conditions.
-simply
Event Conditions for = Medical Budget or Population Density immensely slow the game down.

But i will send it anyway : ) Incase you do anything special to it.
but i think above is what you will find.

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------

Sent, just needs a play test, read email for info.