Ndemic Creations Forum
Global Speed Run Times - Printable Version

+- Ndemic Creations Forum (https://forum.ndemiccreations.com)
+-- Forum: Ndemic Creations (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Plague Portal (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Plague Inc: Evolved (PC) bugs/issues (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Thread: Global Speed Run Times (/showthread.php?tid=2886)

Global Speed Run Times - indo5b58 - 19-02-2016 07:25 PM

So whats the deal with the global speed run times? Pretty sure you can't beat the game in -214748333648 days...unless there is a time travel mechanic I'm unaware of. At about 365 days a year (not accounting for leap years), that puts his win at about 5.8 Million years ago, so I guess Robbi320 wiped out Ardipithecus, the oldest known ancestor of humans...bravo, sir. Seriously, why not just disable global scores if they look like this:

[Image: Speed%20Run_zpsopxctpy3.jpg]

RE: Global Speed Run Times - The Psycho Pathol5ba - 21-02-2016 09:04 PM

Not that I would know from experience or anything, but I suspect hacking the game might allow one to do this. I am pretty sure that altering a game to unfairly dominate its leaderboards is against the Steam Subscriber Agreement though, so it seems like a very bad idea in my mind. But regardless of the method, this cannot be legitimate. It is simply not possible to win the game in a negative number of days without changing something.

I might also add that this sort of cheating hinders all us honest speedrunners who get decent times without cheating from even getting recognized. Dodgy

Also, does this game have Valve Anti-Cheat support? I suspect not, if people can do this. But regardless I suppose cheaters gonna cheat, and nothing can be done to stop them.

But on the bright, at least the mobile speedrun leaderboards seem free of blatantly cheated records. I checked a few different plagues besides Bacteria, and they all seemed reasonable enough. Have a look;

[attachment=183]

RE: Global Speed Run Times - NdemicTechSupc3e - 25-02-2016 04:39 PM

Thanks for raising this issue. We are working hard to eliminate the possibility of hacking and will hopefully have a fix soon.

Thanks again.