Ndemic Creations Forum
Replayability - What keeps bringing you back to a game? - Printable Version

+- Ndemic Creations Forum (https://forum.ndemiccreations.com)
+-- Forum: Ndemic Creations (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Plague Portal (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Replayability - What keeps bringing you back to a game? (/showthread.php?tid=42)

Pages: 1 2 3

Replayability - What keeps bringing you back to a game? - NdemicMarc - 07-03-2014 11:21 AM

We've been doing a bit of thinking about replayability, especially in the context of Plague Inc: Evolved.

What keeps you coming back to play certain games - not just Plague Inc: Evolved?

Is it being able to unlock new content?

Is it to perfect your strategies and get a high score?

Is it to beat your friends?

Is it to play new stuff made by a community?

Is it to increase your 'level' on multiplayer (thinking of things like COD, Hearthstone, MMOs here)?

Replayability is going to be a big focus for us, especially as we move onto releasing the multiplayer and content creators in future updates.

We have our own ideas and plans of course - but really interested in hearing your thoughts on this too! Smile

RE: Replayability - What keeps bringing you back to a game? - GoldenAf6d - 07-03-2014 01:36 PM

What keeps me playing? It's experiencing the new and improving the old! Weather the new be official or user content, it's always a blast to find something and have something to screw around with before going to perfect it. When perfecting, it concentrates me to be my best and advance my ability to it's all. Hope it was helpful Wink

RE: Replayability - What keeps bringing you back to a game? - Hollo48d - 07-03-2014 01:54 PM

Because the game is strategic and complex gameplay combined with reality, it is simply amazing.
That, and I have been waiting for this game to come to PC and go multiplayer since I first started playing Plague Inc. on my smartphone.
This game is addictive and fun, and I just like the fact that it is so real, with possibilities endless.

~Hollow.

RE: Replayability - What keeps bringing you back to a game? - LiquidBa38c - 07-03-2014 03:02 PM

Ofc I play the game because of it's strategic aspects, but apart from that I think many people (like me Blush) are achievement hunters. We like to finish tasks not everybody has done or even is capable of doing and get some shiny medal for it Tongue

+ I really liked that you have to finish previous plagues to unlock new ones.

Introducing some kind of level system is never a bad idea, but I have no idea how this could be incorporated in Plague Inc. Please Explain Smile

RE: Replayability - What keeps bringing you back to a game? - Umbrel8b7 - 07-03-2014 04:31 PM

Some suggestions:
Unlocking more content would be nice, like getting Points based on score so you can uppgrade and customize your plague more and getting more Tools to counter specific actors in the game like governments, making them fall quicker or keep their borders and Airports open longer or stop funding cure for a time.
Finding new ways to win is also something I think many people would like.(without killing everyone) But still really evil. Big Grin
New ways to disrupt or ruin cure research is really needed, so players can get more time to get the symptoms they want and just for fun. Stopping it completely would be too much maybe but i dont think anyone would mind crashing that blue plane xD

RE: Replayability - What keeps bringing you back to a game? - LiquidBa38c - 07-03-2014 04:55 PM

What about this:

You start with the usual symptoms, abilities and transmission.
By playing the game you can unlock new ones (ordered by tier level), which you can then swap with the initial ones.
So you can have different builds for different plagues focusing on different regions of the world.

New symptoms etc. have to be more adapted to one specific aspect.
So if you wanted to kill off Canada as fast as possible you would have to pick something like moose transmission and excessive hugging Big Grin (just an example)

RE: Replayability - What keeps bringing you back to a game? - FireCo192 - 07-03-2014 04:57 PM

What me brings back to a game is new content. And to play with that new content (a lot). But if the game was able to be modified, that would be awesome! I mean poeple would really bring out their ideas with mods. And the creators of the game could even play the mods them self and even could decide to put it into the game.

RE: Replayability - What keeps bringing you back to a game? - PAX-1356 - 07-03-2014 09:24 PM

Heart = Yes
Dodgy = Not so much

(07-03-2014 11:21 AM)NdemicMa Wrote:  Is it being able to unlock new content? Heart

Is it to perfect your strategies and get a high score? Heart

Is it to beat your friends? Dodgy

Is it to play new stuff made by a community? Heart

Is it to increase your 'level' on multiplayer (thinking of things like COD, Hearthstone, MMOs here)? Dodgy

RE: Replayability - What keeps bringing you back to a game? - Pandemi6d5 - 07-03-2014 10:14 PM

(07-03-2014 11:21 AM)NdemicMa Wrote:  We've been doing a bit of thinking about replayability, especially in the context of Plague Inc: Evolved.

What keeps you coming back to play certain games - not just Plague Inc: Evolved?

Is it being able to unlock new content?

Is it to perfect your strategies and get a high score?

Is it to beat your friends?

Is it to play new stuff made by a community?

Is it to increase your 'level' on multiplayer (thinking of things like COD, Hearthstone, MMOs here)?

Replayability is going to be a big focus for us, especially as we move onto releasing the multiplayer and content creators in future updates.

We have our own ideas and plans of course - but really interested in hearing your thoughts on this too! Smile

1. Yes (there's not much to unlock at the moment Tongue )

2. Yes (strategies not high scores)

3. No or at least not at the moment

4. Yes

5. Yes (like Heartstone, upgrading plagues and stuff)

RE: Replayability - What keeps bringing you back to a game? - Pernof6a - 07-03-2014 10:18 PM

-Unlocking new content. Progress is always nice, you can see the results of your work.
-Playing with friends (multiplayer).
-Racing for the high score with friends.
-Good story, some games are like a good book.

Mostly I like to play with friends, be it pvp or co-op. I actually got introduced to Plague Inc. through a friend. I'm eagerly waiting for the "Multiplayer" to be implemented though that might still be long way ahead.