The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

new idea: the strain
29-07-2014, 06:00 AM
new idea: the strain
i had the idea that NDEMIC should maybe try to get in contact with whoever made the show the strain and attempt to see if they can use the parasite in it for a new disease type.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2014, 09:27 AM
RE: new idea: the strain
This is a really cool idea - I haven't seen the show yet but we're getting a lot of people asking about it! How do you think it would work from a gameplay point of view?
29-07-2014, 10:27 PM
(29-07-2014 09:27 AM)NdemicMa Wrote:  This is a really cool idea - I haven't seen the show yet but we're getting a lot of people asking about it! How do you think it would work from a gameplay point of view?

ok this is how i see it lets put a senario

Virus name- vamp worm
description- a worm that has been discovered inside the coffin of a dead being long past 5000 years and seems to cause a hunger for blood
effect in-game. first sign of infection starts with people suffering from a pinging sound in their heads, soon turns to eyes redding, bleeding from teeth, genitals falling off or closing up to form an sexless individual, a prob of some sort coming out of the mouth to suck the blood from individuals and some have a chance to become the vamp king which will control other vamps and create an army that will try to turn humans into cattle for their thirst.

this is a great idea that i believe you guys should not miss out on, i suggest contacting the people who made the show the strain and try to ask for more info on what u can do and if they want to let you do it for plague inc and plague inc evolved
14-08-2014, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2014 09:07 AM by TetraDd6d.)
(29-07-2014 09:27 AM)NdemicMa Wrote:  This is a really cool idea - I haven't seen the show yet but we're getting a lot of people asking about it! How do you think it would work from a gameplay point of view?

I made an account just for this. XD

First Turn is consisted of a plane traveling to your picked country from a random location. This random location is your "birth site" and must be protected. If the strains "birth site" is destroyed the strain is instantly eradicated, there are multiple strains and multiple birth sites ( enemy strains ) these strains are allied against you, and humans in a 3 way battle. Your purpose is to destroy all the other strains by overpowering them through fighting or destroying their birth site ( nuke ability? )

the strain cant cross water without human help ( ability? )
Vampire worms don't travel very well through animals.
Vampire worms can stay alive in areas for a limited period of time. (transmission)
Vampire feeding/and killing vampires are the best ways to be infected. (transmission)
Must defend your birth site, so instead of having a "cure" rate i suggest human nuking of the other strains "birth" sites to show human "knowledge" and progress in their attack.
vampires can only fight/infect at full speed during night.
There is no cure or resistance to vampire worms, the only mitigation is the day/night
cycle and the weapons that humans/enemy strains develop against vampires, which you can slow down with abilities that slow media and information about the strain ( important in series and book )

If you can destroy all the other strain birth sites you can have an option of eternal night which allows you to infect/fight at full speed during the day. (nuclear winter)

This is what i have for now after reading the book, I might think of more later.
14-08-2014, 06:55 PM
(14-08-2014 09:04 AM)TetraD2 Wrote:  

I made an account just for this. XD

First Turn is consisted of a plane traveling to your picked country from a random location. This random location is your "birth site" and must be protected. If the strains "birth site" is destroyed the strain is instantly eradicated, there are multiple strains and multiple birth sites ( enemy strains ) these strains are allied against you, and humans in a 3 way battle. Your purpose is to destroy all the other strains by overpowering them through fighting or destroying their birth site ( nuke ability? )

the strain cant cross water without human help ( ability? )
Vampire worms don't travel very well through animals.
Vampire worms can stay alive in areas for a limited period of time. (transmission)
Vampire feeding/and killing vampires are the best ways to be infected. (transmission)
Must defend your birth site, so instead of having a "cure" rate i suggest human nuking of the other strains "birth" sites to show human "knowledge" and progress in their attack.
vampires can only fight/infect at full speed during night.
There is no cure or resistance to vampire worms, the only mitigation is the day/night
cycle and the weapons that humans/enemy strains develop against vampires, which you can slow down with abilities that slow media and information about the strain ( important in series and book )

If you can destroy all the other strain birth sites you can have an option of eternal night which allows you to infect/fight at full speed during the day. (nuclear winter)

This is what i have for now after reading the book, I might think of more later.

im just watching the show so i dont know much but that sounds awesome