The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Another way to infect an island country
12-08-2014, 07:50 PM
Another way to infect an island country
There needs to be another way to infect an island country, such as the Caribbean, Greenland, Iceland, etc.
After the ports and roads have all been shut down. A lot of times an island country is the last one to survive. Maybe that is the intent but once it happens you have no choice but to quit the game and start over.
Even if I maximize the infection types I can't get that last "island" infected and end up wiping out the host and losing the game.

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2014, 03:05 AM
RE: Another way to infect an island country
You have to make sure you reach every island country before becoming scary enough to cause them to close their borders. As tempting as going for insanity and total organ failure is, hold off on it for a bit.
13-08-2014, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2014 05:04 PM by Luler1a0.)
While I aggree with A Guy, I think there is room for something here. Quoting what I posted in another thread from Bobazoid1:

Quote:Back to topic, about extreme zoonosis and hematophagy, I feel that instead of a random, unreliable event they could unlock an ability similar to the fungus spores. But much more expensive. The cost would forbid its use with hidden desease approaches (those are the worse when it comes to DNA farm), even if they can afford it they won't be able to wipe the world with how little they'd have left. If balanced correctly it would still be somewhat unreliable for approaches like the one I described (some severity but no lethality). You'd have to rely on mutations. But it would make early lethal approaches possible, those are great to get a lot of DNA but you have to rely on those random events to get the last few countries. With this change your goal would be to infect them all but one, allowing you to tailor your strategy ignoring Greenland (for example) and focusing on the other islands. In other word I don't think it would make the game easier but it would allow for new, fresh, reliable ways to eradicate mankind.
14-08-2014, 02:43 PM
(13-08-2014 05:01 PM)Luler Wrote:  While I aggree with A Guy, I think there is room for something here. Quoting what I posted in another thread from Bobazoid1:

Quote:Back to topic, about extreme zoonosis and hematophagy, I feel that instead of a random, unreliable event they could unlock an ability similar to the fungus spores. But much more expensive. The cost would forbid its use with hidden desease approaches (those are the worse when it comes to DNA farm), even if they can afford it they won't be able to wipe the world with how little they'd have left. If balanced correctly it would still be somewhat unreliable for approaches like the one I described (some severity but no lethality). You'd have to rely on mutations. But it would make early lethal approaches possible, those are great to get a lot of DNA but you have to rely on those random events to get the last few countries. With this change your goal would be to infect them all but one, allowing you to tailor your strategy ignoring Greenland (for example) and focusing on the other islands. In other word I don't think it would make the game easier but it would allow for new, fresh, reliable ways to eradicate mankind.

I know what Zoonosis is but what is hematophagy? is that a evolved symptom? I like your strategy.
18-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Can anybody tell me why the only way to reach Greenland by a ship is from S. Petersburg Russia&? 0_0 It is strange because Greenland belongs to Denmark (I know there is no Denmark but there is Germany - it would be more logical, I think)