The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

STD
25-08-2014, 11:44 PM
STD
Sexually transmitted diseases (STD), also referred to as sexually transmitted infections (STI) and venereal diseases (VD), are illnesses that have a significant probability of transmission between humans by means of sexual behavior, including vaginal intercourse, anal sex and oral sex. Some STIs can also be contracted by using IV drug needles after their use by an infected person, as well as through any incident involving the contact of a wound with contaminated blood.

Not all STIs are symptomatic, and symptoms may not appear immediately after infection. In some instances a disease can be carried with no symptoms, which leaves a greater risk of passing the disease on to others. Depending on the disease, some untreated STIs can lead to infertility, chronic pain or even death
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2014, 03:37 PM
RE: STD
A disease that is basically an STD would be cool. Key strategy would be to keep a low profile or people will stop having sex when it is discovered protection doesn't help. From then on you would have to evolve some other, more expensive transmissions and symptoms. It would be awfully boring to wait for the whole world to die of old age xD
26-08-2014, 08:43 PM
(26-08-2014 03:37 PM)Scratchthegro Wrote:  A disease that is basically an STD would be cool. Key strategy would be to keep a low profile or people will stop having sex when it is discovered protection doesn't help. From then on you would have to evolve some other, more expensive transmissions and symptoms. It would be awfully boring to wait for the whole world to die of old age xD

Hear something? I think that is the censors dying.....

I don't think Plague Inc. would get away with adding a STD plague. The APP store rating and the rating climb would hurt sales.
27-08-2014, 10:22 AM
I disagree. The game shld be an 18 since most of the time its about wiping out humanity with total organ failure and other gruesome concepts.
28-08-2014, 08:09 PM
(27-08-2014 10:22 AM)AnimalM Wrote:  I disagree. The game shld be an 18 since most of the time its about wiping out humanity with total organ failure and other gruesome concepts.

Meh, in America more people freak about sex then they do violence at least in most places.
29-08-2014, 10:53 AM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2014 10:54 AM by tau19182.)
(25-08-2014 11:44 PM)AnimalM Wrote:  Sexually transmitted diseases (STD), also referred to as sexually transmitted infections (STI) and venereal diseases (VD), are illnesses that have a significant probability of transmission between humans by means of sexual behavior, including vaginal intercourse, anal sex and oral sex. Some STIs can also be contracted by using IV drug needles after their use by an infected person, as well as through any incident involving the contact of a wound with contaminated blood.

Not all STIs are symptomatic, and symptoms may not appear immediately after infection. In some instances a disease can be carried with no symptoms, which leaves a greater risk of passing the disease on to others. Depending on the disease, some untreated STIs can lead to infertility, chronic pain or even death

In some countries,talking about sex is taboo.Asian countries,some African too.
Not to mention actually playing sex...
29-08-2014, 10:59 AM
But the mass market audience with the change to spare on a game surely dominates the want for std transmissions in plague inc rather than accomidating for molly coddled non english speaking masses.

We learn sex ed in primary school here in the uk.
Especially stds.

I think its all walking eggshells treading glass.

Its a game. Like a movie. Just a human designed project.
31-08-2014, 01:39 AM
(29-08-2014 10:59 AM)AnimalM Wrote:  But the mass market audience with the change to spare on a game surely dominates the want for std transmissions in plague inc rather than accomidating for molly coddled non english speaking masses.

We learn sex ed in primary school here in the uk.
Especially stds.

I think its all walking eggshells treading glass.

Its a game. Like a movie. Just a human designed project.

It would require the app rating to move up which would require age verification. I am pretty sure it does at least for the app store. Also, children for the most part should be learning about diseases and it might be possibly denied for them if their parents see sexual themes on it and they have no idea what it means.
31-08-2014, 08:03 AM
So because some mum might molly coddle her kid we cant have a plague simulator? How ignorant of them with that level of stubbornness and hypocrisy.

Treading glass mate
31-08-2014, 08:41 AM
(31-08-2014 08:03 AM)AnimalM Wrote:  So because some mum might molly coddle her kid we cant have a plague simulator? How ignorant of them with that level of stubbornness and hypocrisy.

Treading glass mate

As the americans say ''You must be tolarant''...So,you must be tolerant to that mum
P.c. i'm not tolerant.i'm against s-content for religious reasons.