The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Scenario Creator Help
08-09-2014, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 12:57 PM by NdemicTea7.)
Plague Inc Scenario Creator Help
We have just launched the first version of the Scenario Creator! This post gives a few tips on how to use it. We will keep adding more tips as it evolves, so let us know if you have any questions!
  1. For your first attempts at creating a scenario, it is recommended that you use EITHER the World Lab or the Disease Lab, not both. All official scenarios use one or the other.
  2. For many of the variables, the tooltips will give a guide to what we regard as a high figure or a low figure. For example, if it says [5 <-> 10], then we regard 5 as a low figure and 10 as a high figure. It is fine to use figures outside of this range (we do sometimes, albeit rarely) but you may get some odd results!
  3. When you save a scenario, you can play/test it immediately through the Custom Scenarios menu in the main game. You will find it in the “Local Files” tab. Do not worry, it will not be accessible to anyone else until you have ‘Published’ a scenario to Steam Workshop.
  4. You can publish a scenario to Steam Workshop in the ‘Publisher’ screen (found in the File menu of the Scenario Creator). Here, it is also possible to unpublish, publish only to friends or hide a scenario that you have published.
  5. In general, don’t try and change everything you can! You can get some really interesting results by just tweaking a few variables. It is also better to tweak and test variables in small batches, so that you can see the effect of each of your changes on gameplay. If you change everything and are getting some really odd results, it can be difficult to work out what the actual reason is!
Let us know if there are any other tips that you think we should add Tongue. Good luck!

P.S. A few people have been asking where the local files are so they can edit them directly. If you want to do this, be very careful, as you can easily mess stuff up and it will cause crashes that you can't correct in the SC. I recommend backing up the original versions in case.

However, if you really want to do this, you can find them here:
C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Local\Ndemic Creations\Plague Inc. Evolved\Scenario Creator\
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2014, 10:21 AM
RE: Scenario Creator Help
Um... i got game from my friend not from Steam so... when will these be downloadable as a standalone??
14-09-2014, 06:28 PM
(11-09-2014 10:21 AM)camper2 Wrote:  Um... i got game from my friend not from Steam so... when will these be downloadable as a standalone??
Please, if you like/love the game, buy it!
14-09-2014, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2014 07:58 PM by AnimalM5ba.)
I cannot load my saved scenarios : ) please fix this soon. the problem ocurred when i had three files.
14-09-2014, 08:01 PM
@AnimalMan
Where did you get the Scenario Creator? I thought it's not released yet???
And my STEAM account didn't load any updates today....
14-09-2014, 09:26 PM
You need to opt into the beta.
15-09-2014, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2014 05:59 PM by Hollo48d.)
I can't even enter the beta. EDIT: I found it!

~Hollow.
15-09-2014, 07:58 PM
(14-09-2014 07:57 PM)AnimalM Wrote:  I cannot load my saved scenarios : ) please fix this soon. the problem ocurred when i had three files.

Wait it's aleardy out?!?!?!?!?!?
Where to get???!?!?!?!?1? Huh
15-09-2014, 09:18 PM
You can get it only as a Beta version in your STEAM account.
Look here:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/246620/dis...958822636/
17-09-2014, 11:14 AM
What is needs is, You know when you create added infectivity to an Sympton with the 0-10, we need like the ingame bar that acctually shows you how much is added. I have to keep switching because i cant see how much of an impact there is. Please addddddd.