The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Think!
01-10-2014, 12:48 PM
Think!
Hasn't anyone considered the fact that you might be participating in engineering of real micro organisms?

Who knows, this game is a total rip off to what Hollywood use to produce in their action movies!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2014, 06:57 PM
RE: Think!
(01-10-2014 12:48 PM)Affemann Wrote:  Hasn't anyone considered the fact that you might be participating in engineering of real micro organisms?

Who knows, this game is a total rip off to what Hollywood use to produce in their action movies!

Emm,what do you mean by saying about 'engineering of real micro organisms'?
This is a game.Its awesome,but its still a game,not a real genetic-construction template or mutational vectorizer.
01-10-2014, 07:55 PM
(01-10-2014 06:57 PM)tau199 Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 12:48 PM)Affemann Wrote:  Hasn't anyone considered the fact that you might be participating in engineering of real micro organisms?

This is a game.Its awesome,but its still a game,not a real genetic-construction template or mutational vectorizer.

How do you know? In the game, you are learning how the game works. The more you learn, the tougher the task will be. You are learning yourself a set of instructions only valid in this game. You don't have a practical real life use for it other than a result of better memory. Those instructions could very well be set in place as a subject to solve, you can't have any idea because if you know what could be happening, you wouldn't do this.

It is simply an odd game and its real mechanism should be under scrutiny. But hey!, by all means, continue playing, who knows, maybe I was wrong, what you got to loose?
01-10-2014, 11:47 PM
Did you buy it?
02-10-2014, 05:11 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2014 05:12 AM by tau19182.)
(01-10-2014 07:55 PM)Affemann Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 06:57 PM)tau199 Wrote:  

How do you know? In the game, you are learning how the game works. The more you learn, the tougher the task will be. You are learning yourself a set of instructions only valid in this game. You don't have a practical real life use for it other than a result of better memory. Those instructions could very well be set in place as a subject to solve, you can't have any idea because if you know what could be happening, you wouldn't do this.

It is simply an odd game and its real mechanism should be under scrutiny. But hey!, by all means, continue playing, who knows, maybe I was wrong, what you got to loose?
Who said about stopping playing?

(01-10-2014 11:47 PM)AnimalM Wrote:  Did you buy it?

Yes
02-10-2014, 10:21 AM
I was talking to affermanen after his morally superior rant about what is right and what is wrong in the games industry. Wink
02-10-2014, 10:56 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2014 10:59 AM by Affemannc31.)
(02-10-2014 10:21 AM)AnimalM Wrote:  I was talking to affermanen after his morally superior rant about what is right and what is wrong in the games industry. Wink

There´s nothing wrong really by you playing it. I´m just saying that, what if!! What if I´m correct, would you feel comfortable knowing that you are the one that actually managed to come up with something that ends humanity and it got translated in a real lab?

Everyone is always so naive to jump on whatever comes out of the entertainment business and start playing games without thinking.... what if!

Normally, you should not have to worry about a thing like this but as the world is escalating in the civil unrest everywhere, this game could very well be one of the evil plans towards a one world order.

If you are a teenager or younger, the system could have you fooled without you knowing about it, make you do things without you knowing about it. And there is nothing you can do, how could you really know what you were doing? A freshmen out of highschool knows about the world, in principal, absolutely nothing. You have no real life experience, nothing to connect the dots that would amaze you how this world really works. Do you know how money works? Do you know how banks work? Do you know how the food industry work? Do you know how power is distributed among countries around the world?

What you think you know from what you´ve learned in school is 50% diversion to a specific mindset. The world want you to be a slave. Get a job, buy a house on debt (which by the way is money that the bank never had in the first place, a bunch of wealth was created in the moment you took the loan. Before that, this money did not exist anywhere in the world) stay with your job so you can pay the bank every month. You will have no freedom when you get into real life.

I´m just saying, THINK!

You are not stupid for playing but you may have been deceived through this game.

I don´t expect you to get my point, take it with your parents and elaborate with them about the potential a game like this could have and its implications.

Microsoft had a game similar game to GTA but you couldn´t hit people driving around with a car, they all smacked against a wall or something. Now, this game was originally a perfect mockup of San Fransisco or Chicago but was later edited so that streets and buildings were not as the real San Fransisco/Chicago due to possible risk of terrorists using the game and learn how to orient themselves in the city in case of a real attack. The targets and escape route would have been optimized through the game.
Do you see the implications here and what a game can do??
02-10-2014, 11:53 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2014 11:54 AM by tau19182.)
(02-10-2014 10:56 AM)Affemann Wrote:  
(02-10-2014 10:21 AM)AnimalM Wrote:  I was talking to affermanen after his morally superior rant about what is right and what is wrong in the games industry. Wink

There´s nothing wrong really by you playing it. I´m just saying that, what if!! What if I´m correct, would you feel comfortable knowing that you are the one that actually managed to come up with something that ends humanity and it got translated in a real lab?

Everyone is always so naive to jump on whatever comes out of the entertainment business and start playing games without thinking.... what if!

Normally, you should not have to worry about a thing like this but as the world is escalating in the civil unrest everywhere, this game could very well be one of the evil plans towards a one world order.

If you are a teenager or younger, the system could have you fooled without you knowing about it, make you do things without you knowing about it. And there is nothing you can do, how could you really know what you were doing? A freshmen out of highschool knows about the world, in principal, absolutely nothing. You have no real life experience, nothing to connect the dots that would amaze you how this world really works. Do you know how money works? Do you know how banks work? Do you know how the food industry work? Do you know how power is distributed among countries around the world?

What you think you know from what you´ve learned in school is 50% diversion to a specific mindset. The world want you to be a slave. Get a job, buy a house on debt (which by the way is money that the bank never had in the first place, a bunch of wealth was created in the moment you took the loan. Before that, this money did not exist anywhere in the world) stay with your job so you can pay the bank every month. You will have no freedom when you get into real life.

I´m just saying, THINK!

You are not stupid for playing but you may have been deceived through this game.

I don´t expect you to get my point, take it with your parents and elaborate with them about the potential a game like this could have and its implications.

Microsoft had a game similar game to GTA but you couldn´t hit people driving around with a car, they all smacked against a wall or something. Now, this game was originally a perfect mockup of San Fransisco or Chicago but was later edited so that streets and buildings were not as the real San Fransisco/Chicago due to possible risk of terrorists using the game and learn how to orient themselves in the city in case of a real attack. The targets and escape route would have been optimized through the game.
There is no genetic engineering in the game,no codone-operone stuff.So,stay calm-its not ''Real Life Plague Engineering Stuff''-its a Game.
02-10-2014, 12:35 PM
(02-10-2014 11:53 AM)tau199 Wrote:  
(02-10-2014 10:56 AM)Affemann Wrote:  

I´m just saying, THINK!

There is no genetic engineering in the game,no codone-operone stuff.So,stay calm-its not ''Real Life Plague Engineering Stuff''-its a Game.

I hope you are right. Never the less, it is a sick game!
03-10-2014, 04:18 PM
Quote:Normally, you should not have to worry about a thing like this but as the world is escalating in the civil unrest everywhere, this game could very well be one of the evil plans towards a one world order.

I find it impossible to beleive anybody can stop me financially dominating this world with my own motive not applicable to the new world order.

Quote:If you are a teenager or younger, the system could have you fooled without you knowing about it, make you do things without you knowing about it. And there is nothing you can do, how could you really know what you were doing? A freshmen out of highschool knows about the world, in principal, absolutely nothing. You have no real life experience, nothing to connect the dots that would amaze you how this world really works. Do you know how money works? Do you know how banks work? Do you know how the food industry work? Do you know how power is distributed among countries around the world?

If you are a teenager you will beleive that mtv is publically supported.

Quote:What you think you know from what you´ve learned in school is 50% diversion to a specific mindset. The world want you to be a slave. Get a job, buy a house on debt (which by the way is money that the bank never had in the first place, a bunch of wealth was created in the moment you took the loan. Before that, this money did not exist anywhere in the world) stay with your job so you can pay the bank every month. You will have no freedom when you get into real life.

Yes you learn to work as a slave for somebody. Go start your own buisiness and i bet you look at government a little differently.

It is down to people to help people not government. If we dished out the land to everybody on earth there would be enough for like a square mile each, but what of the animals, the uninhabited land, the dangerous land or the unstable environments?

You see. Sometimes you gotta be somebodies bitch so you can get yourself that money that stops people killing each other without justification. you know, that system of trade we've had for hundreds - thousands of years. its part of your evolution man. If money makes space travel possible, then you gotta stop giving a fuck and get yrself in a position you wanna be in instead of waiting for somebody else to put you in that position.