The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Transferring Content from Phone to Tablet
26-11-2014, 04:19 PM
Transferring Content from Phone to Tablet
Hey folks, I've tried contacting Miniclip Support about this, but they've been no help at all. (They even made me pay for content I already own and now won't give a refund because I don't have an 'original purchase receipt'.)

I played this game back when it first came out in 2012 on my Android phone. Loved the game and spent many, many hours with it. I unlocked all the content in the game by beating things on Brutal difficulty and I didn't pay to unlock anything.

Back then there was no Google Play Games integration (pretty sure Google Play Games didn't even exist back then). So, I'd guess my content never sync'd up properly because there was nothing to sync to when I unlocked it.

Fast forward a couple of years and now I have a tablet and want to play the game again on my bigger screen. I've tried the Restore Progress and Restore Purchases in the game on my Tablet and it won't do anything. Miniclip Support said to play a full game on the tablet and it'd unlock after that... it didn't. They then said to "purchase" the content in the game again and it would recognize that I already owned it and not charge me... it didn't (I was charged).

I can't do anything to get this content to sync up and Miniclip Support is just reading off a checklist. (Their last contact with me went back to step one, which we addressed in their first email to me. It's pretty frustrating.)

Is there anything I can do? Am I going to need to either buy the content or unlock everything by beating Brutal again? (Which, to be honest, is aptly named... it's brutal.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2014, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2014 04:39 PM by AndroidTechSupa63.)
RE: Transferring Content from Phone to Tablet
(26-11-2014 04:19 PM)mphartzhe Wrote:  Hey folks, I've tried contacting Miniclip Support about this, but they've been no help at all. (They even made me pay for content I already own and now won't give a refund because I don't have an 'original purchase receipt'.)

I played this game back when it first came out in 2012 on my Android phone. Loved the game and spent many, many hours with it. I unlocked all the content in the game by beating things on Brutal difficulty and I didn't pay to unlock anything.

Back then there was no Google Play Games integration (pretty sure Google Play Games didn't even exist back then). So, I'd guess my content never sync'd up properly because there was nothing to sync to when I unlocked it.

Fast forward a couple of years and now I have a tablet and want to play the game again on my bigger screen. I've tried the Restore Progress and Restore Purchases in the game on my Tablet and it won't do anything. Miniclip Support said to play a full game on the tablet and it'd unlock after that... it didn't. They then said to "purchase" the content in the game again and it would recognize that I already owned it and not charge me... it didn't (I was charged).

I can't do anything to get this content to sync up and Miniclip Support is just reading off a checklist. (Their last contact with me went back to step one, which we addressed in their first email to me. It's pretty frustrating.)

Is there anything I can do? Am I going to need to either buy the content or unlock everything by beating Brutal again? (Which, to be honest, is aptly named... it's brutal.)

Hello there,

You only purchased the "Unlock Full Version" option back in 2013. If the instructions said "repurchase the same item", that would exclude the Virus that you purchased, thus voiding the possibility of a refund.

Also, as the troubleshoot says, you must be logged with the same account you used to purchase the game in the past as your devices main account.

Regarding the progress I believe there is nothing we can do since it was previously stored inside the app (before Google+ integration)

Hope you can understand this.
26-11-2014, 04:40 PM
Your support checklist shouldn't tell people to "repurchase the same item" if no purchases were ever made. It's misleading when you can unlock by playing the game as well as pay money to purchase the same progress.

So your answer to my question is that I either have to purchase everything on my tablet, or beat everything again on Brutal on my tablet. If that's the answer, I'm fine with that, but it would have been nice to be told that from the start rather than go through the frustrating support steps and end up spending money I didn't need to spend.
26-11-2014, 04:49 PM
(26-11-2014 04:40 PM)mphartzhe Wrote:  Your support checklist shouldn't tell people to "repurchase the same item" if no purchases were ever made. It's misleading when you can unlock by playing the game as well as pay money to purchase the same progress.

As far as I can see, you made a purchase in March 2013 - "Unlock Full Version"

For information on what the Full Version gives you you can follow this link

You surely can't be expecting to repurchase something that you unlocked with progress Big Grin Purchases and Game Progress are distinct things.

(26-11-2014 04:40 PM)mphartzhe Wrote:  So your answer to my question is that I either have to purchase everything on my tablet, or beat everything again on Brutal on my tablet. If that's the answer, I'm fine with that, but it would have been nice to be told that from the start rather than go through the frustrating support steps and end up spending money I didn't need to spend.

You don't have to purchase anything since you already have the "Full Version". You can beat the Plagues on Normal or Brutal to unlock the next one. The purchasing option exists only if you want instant access to the next Plagues.

I'm sorry that the process of solving your problem wasn't quick and painless.

You can find most of the information I provided (and much more) by following this link.
26-11-2014, 04:59 PM
(26-11-2014 04:49 PM)AndroidTechSup Wrote:  You surely can't be expecting to repurchase something that you unlocked with progress Big Grin Purchases and Game Progress are distinct things.

Yeah, thanks. I'm aware of that. That's why I specifically mentioned in my email prior to having it suggested to 'repurchase' the items that I never initially purchased them but rather unlocked them. Only after I said that was it suggested to 'repurchase' them.

That's why I feel conned. I specifically stated that I unlocked them by playing the game and was then told "yeah, sure, go ahead and buy it again, you won't get charged."
26-11-2014, 05:06 PM
(26-11-2014 04:59 PM)mphartzhe Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 04:49 PM)AndroidTechSup Wrote:  You surely can't be expecting to repurchase something that you unlocked with progress Big Grin Purchases and Game Progress are distinct things.

Yeah, thanks. I'm aware of that. That's why I specifically mentioned in my email prior to having it suggested to 'repurchase' the items that I never initially purchased them but rather unlocked them. Only after I said that was it suggested to 'repurchase' them.

That's why I feel conned. I specifically stated that I unlocked them by playing the game and was then told "yeah, sure, go ahead and buy it again, you won't get charged."

We don't like our users to feel conned Sad fear not, we will evaluate this case and proper measures will be taken considering your situation.

Also, developments on this same situation will continue on the Customer Support side.
26-11-2014, 05:07 PM
Thank you.

Now to beat everything on Brutal again....