The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

New Plague Type: Transformation Pathogen
01-01-2015, 02:36 PM
Plague Inc New Plague Type: Transformation Pathogen
I have an idea for a pathogen (type independant) that transforms human lifeforms to a different one without killing them.

As i posted in the Scenatio Crator thread, I'm creating a Pathogen based on the Necroa-Virus, that is supposed to Transform Humans into Dragons (Zombies), but I don't like the Dragons as well as the Humans dying off, because the condition of Zombie creation is that the Pathogen needs to be lethal. Even if the game is about killing and wipe out Humanity (well, not 100%), I would really like to use a plague that transforms without losing lifes (the lethaity bar in th palgue screen could be replaced with the muation chance or something else).

Transmission, Symptoms and Abilities should be the choice of Ndemic.

This plague should also be available in the Scenario Creator as a Template.

Where does it come from: Either an Experemintation failure or a natural infection.

What is the destiny: To turn humamity into a better lifeform but not human.

The actions of the governments: Humans that are not infected try to escape into space or buid underground bunkers where they hide and build up cure research centres if all others are destroyed.

Active abilities: Revive if the humans start killing the transformed lifeforms, because they are also still an infection carrier.
Transform-overclocking: like at the Nanovirus with the replicator the Transformation process will take a much shorter time.

Personal suggestion: Please DO NOT make this pathogen lethal!

I hope you like this a idea and bring it into an new update.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2015, 10:21 AM
RE: New Plague Type: Transformation Pathogen
(01-01-2015 02:36 PM)DarkCrafte Wrote:  I have an idea for a pathogen (type independant) that transforms human lifeforms to a different one without killing them.

As i posted in the Scenatio Crator thread, I'm creating a Pathogen based on the Necroa-Virus, that is supposed to Transform Humans into Dragons (Zombies), but I don't like the Dragons as well as the Humans dying off, because the condition of Zombie creation is that the Pathogen needs to be lethal. Even if the game is about killing and wipe out Humanity (well, not 100%), I would really like to use a plague that transforms without losing lifes (the lethaity bar in th palgue screen could be replaced with the muation chance or something else).

Transmission, Symptoms and Abilities should be the choice of Ndemic.

This plague should also be available in the Scenario Creator as a Template.

Where does it come from: Either an Experemintation failure or a natural infection.

What is the destiny: To turn humamity into a better lifeform but not human.

The actions of the governments: Humans that are not infected try to escape into space or buid underground bunkers where they hide and build up cure research centres if all others are destroyed.

Active abilities: Revive if the humans start killing the transformed lifeforms, because they are also still an infection carrier.
Transform-overclocking: like at the Nanovirus with the replicator the Transformation process will take a much shorter time.

Personal suggestion: Please DO NOT make this pathogen lethal!

I hope you like this a idea and bring it into an new update.

Cool idea - especially the dragon concept! The idea of a non-lethal disease is a cool one too, in fact our most recent scenario, the Santa's Little Helper, engaged with this but with an entirely different tone Smile Have you tried mocking this up in the scenario creator (if you have it)?
07-01-2015, 03:43 PM
Plague Inc RE: New Plague Type: Transformation Pathogen
Yes, I made a scenario where the destiny is to turn all humans into dragons. It's not publised yet because I'm still working on the descriptions of the pathogen traits.

The story behind this is that in the late future, approximatrely 2050, the humans found a DNA-Mod that can be used in cloning machines to synthesize Dragons for the first time. By the time they will be kept alive, the government (country independant) want to enslave all Dragons, turing them into weapons to solve the question "How can we stop global terrorism ?". But the plan fails because a young Dragon (Player of the scenario) intruded into a secret archive of the government and found out about the enslave plan. Later he gets spotted during publishing a global warning to all Dragons about the plan, and he gets sentenced to death instantly. Several dayys before his death, other Dragons located him in a prison and helped him break out without getting spotted. During the process the anger against humanity in the head of the young Dragon exploded and he plans to destroy all lives except Dragons. The first thougt was:"I'm going to take control over a clone machine and make my army" which succeded. He intruded into a lab, killed all scientists ant took control over the machine. Unfortuneately at the attempt to synthesize a dragon, a system failure occurs and instead of a body, the machine creates a non-mutating virus with a superstable DNA. It has the ability to communicate with the dragon through computer electronics. So the second thougt is:"I'm assigning the virus to infect all humans...and make the into Dragons!!!". Before a police team that arrived at the lab could find the Dragon, he left already and hide himself into a bunker, cutted off from the outside. With the computer stolen from the lab, the Dragon is able to evolve traits to the virus that make it more infectious, severe and lethal (because the Zombie condition is a lethal pathogen). The problem is: the code injection for evolving is very hard to learn, so he needs to learn which code does what (this is the point where 9 abilities in the scenario need to be evolved to gather acces to the main abilities, symptoms and transmission evolution grid).
07-01-2015, 08:03 PM
(06-01-2015 10:21 AM)NdemicMa Wrote:  Cool idea - especially the dragon concept! The idea of a non-lethal disease is a cool one too, in fact our most recent scenario, the Santa's Little Helper, engaged with this but with an entirely different tone Smile Have you tried mocking this up in the scenario creator (if you have it)?

I like it a lot scenarios like Santa's Little Helper and the neurax worm option of killing or slaving humanity.

There will be more more official scenarios other than the ones already included?
Ndemic should consider trying add this type of gameplay, is very fun trying to follow a path and at the same time having to watch your strategy and don't let mutations interfere with your plans. Smile

I'm playing on PC BTW.
08-01-2015, 10:23 AM
(07-01-2015 08:03 PM)brfrito Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 10:21 AM)NdemicMa Wrote:  Cool idea - especially the dragon concept! The idea of a non-lethal disease is a cool one too, in fact our most recent scenario, the Santa's Little Helper, engaged with this but with an entirely different tone Smile Have you tried mocking this up in the scenario creator (if you have it)?

I like it a lot scenarios like Santa's Little Helper and the neurax worm option of killing or slaving humanity.

There will be more more official scenarios other than the ones already included?
Ndemic should consider trying add this type of gameplay, is very fun trying to follow a path and at the same time having to watch your strategy and don't let mutations interfere with your plans. Smile

I'm playing on PC BTW.

Sure - we're working on adding more official scenarios too, but a lot of players on PC are also enjoying the custom scenarios too.
20-01-2015, 11:04 AM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2015 11:06 AM by Porphyr64e.)
Wink RE: New Plague Type: Transformation Pathogen
U know that there is a way to win without killing the infected.....
*cough* Neurax Worm evolve transedence *cough* sorry if I spelt some wrong.
plus this is actually not a bad idea Smile