The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

The White Walkers
06-01-2015, 11:55 AM
Plague Inc The White Walkers
This is something that probably can't be made with the scenario creator since a plague does not have any effect on the environment of the country and is a reference to the magical antagonist in the series Game of Thrones.

The plague would progress like this:

An old magic awoke in a cold country. People afflicted by it show symptomes of a common cold and spreads the coldness in their vincinity. (coldness should substitute severity)

Like a normal plague the infection spreads from country to country and the plague evolves into a deadlier one. Countries with a high number of infected will get colder.
At some point the plague will be deadly and switch to a necroa-style disease.

i.E. the magic fully awoke and the White Walkers appeared. Dead people around them rise as their army.
You would have to push back the warm areas and make them cold so the White Walkers can progress and turn the world into an icy place.

Substituting Z Com with Nightwatch (a group of brave fans of the GoT series banded together to fight them. Armed with knowledge from the books) is not that big of deal.

I don't want to invest more time in this unless I know it gets general appreciation since I am really, really busy right now.

So the only additional thingy I came up with until now is

"Dead things in the water!" as an achievment for corpses floating around to spread the plague.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2015, 12:29 PM
RE: The White Walkers
This could be great ! And it is very different than necroa.
But there would be copyright problems ?
09-01-2015, 08:51 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2015 08:52 AM by Granta0c.)
Good idea !
What about a "take babies" ability?
09-01-2015, 10:37 AM
(06-01-2015 11:55 AM)Tobias Wo Wrote:  This is something that probably can't be made with the scenario creator since a plague does not have any effect on the environment of the country and is a reference to the magical antagonist in the series Game of Thrones.

An old magic awoke in a cold country. People afflicted by it show symptomes of a common cold and spreads the coldness in their vincinity. (coldness should substitute severity)

Like a normal plague the infection spreads from country to country and the plague evolves into a deadlier one. Countries with a high number of infected will get colder.

i.E. the magic fully awoke and the White Walkers appeared. Dead people around them rise as their army.
You would have to push back the warm areas and make them cold so the White Walkers can progress and turn the world into an icy place.

Substituting Z Com with Nightwatch (a group of brave fans of the GoT series banded together to fight them. Armed with knowledge from the books) is not that big of deal.

I don't want to invest more time in this unless I know it gets general appreciation since I am really, really busy right now.

"Dead things in the water!" as an achievment for corpses floating around to spread the plague.

I like this idea! If we're ever fortunate enough to get a Game of Thrones licence this would be a great place to start Smile
15-01-2015, 10:12 AM
(09-01-2015 10:37 AM)NdemicMa Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 11:55 AM)Tobias Wo Wrote:  This is something that probably can't be made with the scenario creator since a plague does not have any effect on the environment of the country and is a reference to the magical antagonist in the series Game of Thrones.

I like this idea! If we're ever fortunate enough to get a Game of Thrones licence this would be a great place to start Smile
Enemy(Human) Abilities:
1)Building a Wall around a country.Protects it from wight hordes.
2)Night Watch Napalm Bombers-planes bomb wight hordes with napalm bombs.
3)Burning corpses-the number of 'dead people' in a country is reduced.
4)Antifreeze tanks-deploying antifreeze tanks,slowing down walkers.
5)Obsidian artillery-shooting shells with obsidian shards,killing walkers.
15-01-2015, 07:19 PM
All sounds like a good idea for a custom scenario.

The devs would have to license it, but that's not an issue for players making custom scenarios -- in that case, fair use would apply, so there wouldn't be any copyright issues.