The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Several Ideas for New Plagues: Other Holidays and Other Movies
06-03-2015, 02:30 AM
Lightbulb Several Ideas for New Plagues: Other Holidays and Other Movies
I'm pretty new to Plague Inc in general, so any input would be welcome! Smile

Since there is a Christmas themed plague, why not other holiday themed plagues?

I just started on this list, so a couple ideas may be added in the future. As of right now, I only have two ideas for new holiday based plagues, both for Halloween.

Werewolves:

(I got a lot of my ideas from here, feel free to do the same.)

The idea behind the werewolf scenario is to have something similar to the necroa virus, but harder to detect.

Transmission:

Since the lycanthropy virus is a mutated form of rabies, transmission is rather difficult. The only way to to transmit would be salvia to salvia, salvia to blood, and blood to blood. The only non-human hosts would be aggressive land mammals; carnivores/omnivores (no herbivore livestock or mosquitoes), everything from domestic pets to lions and bears in zoos. So basically, the same transmission tiers as necroa virus, blood transfusion, saliva, and zoonotic shift to infect animals. As for what the tiers for each animal would be, I'm not sure yet.

Symptoms:

Some existing trees that would be needed:
- Insomnia tree
- Hyper Salvation tree
- Affection tree (would be modified slightly, since werewolves have increases sexual activity, which would increase infection rates).
- Aggressiveness tree

Some new trees:
- Hirsutism tree
- Hyper reflexives tree
- Argyria resistance tree (increases resistance to silver things, decreases chance of being noticed)
- Strenght tree (or just the Aggressiveness tree?)
- (you get the idea right?)

Abilities:
- Transformation (frequency of transformation) tree
- Regeneration tree
- Enhanced senses tree

Overview:
In a nutshell, the easiest way to spread the virus would be to make people werewolves and infect by having them maim people. People would not werewolves all the time so it would harder to detect. There would maybe be a way to kill without using the werewolves, but I haven't thought of it yet.

Anyway, what do you all think of the idea so far? Undecided

Note: I ran out of time and will be adding my ideas for Vampires, "I Am Legend" and some others.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2015, 08:50 AM
RE: Several Ideas for New Plagues: Other Holidays and Other Movies
(06-03-2015 02:30 AM)StormCrow1 Wrote:  I'm pretty new to Plague Inc in general, so any input would be welcome! Smile

I just started on this list, so a couple ideas may be added in the future. As of right now, I only have two ideas for new holiday based plagues, both for Halloween.

Werewolves:

The idea behind the werewolf scenario is to have something similar to the necroa virus, but harder to detect.

Transmission:

Since the lycanthropy virus is a mutated form of rabies, transmission is rather difficult. The only way to to transmit would be salvia to salvia, salvia to blood, and blood to blood. The only non-human hosts would be aggressive land mammals; carnivores/omnivores (no herbivore livestock or mosquitoes), everything from domestic pets to lions and bears in zoos. So basically, the same transmission tiers as necroa virus, blood transfusion, saliva, and zoonotic shift to infect animals. As for what the tiers for each animal would be, I'm not sure yet.

Symptoms:

- Insomnia tree
- Hyper Salvation tree
- Affection tree (would be modified slightly, since werewolves have increases sexual activity, which would increase infection rates).
- Aggressiveness tree

Some new trees:
- Hirsutism tree
- Hyper reflexives tree
- Argyria resistance tree (increases resistance to silver things, decreases chance of being noticed)

Abilities:
- Regeneration tree
- Enhanced senses tree

Overview:
In a nutshell, the easiest way to spread the virus would be to make people werewolves and infect by having them maim people. People would not werewolves all the time so it would harder to detect. There would maybe be a way to kill without using the werewolves, but I haven't thought of it yet.

Note: I ran out of time and will be adding my ideas for Vampires, "I Am Legend" and some others.
Suggestion: make it in scenario creator
06-03-2015, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2015 09:20 PM by StormCrow1d30.)
Okay, when I said any input is welcome, I did not mean be an asshole. Did you really need to quote everything I put? Did you not think that I might not have scenario creator? Did it not occure to you that I might be adding to the idea (which is still in it's basic stages) and that what maybe be added may not be possible in the scenario creator? Why even bother to post something so unnecessary as what you posted?

If you have any real input for the idea, contribute. If you don't, don't bother posting.
06-03-2015, 09:29 PM
(06-03-2015 02:30 AM)StormCrow1 Wrote:  I'm pretty new to Plague Inc in general, so any input would be welcome! Smile

Werewolves:

Transmission:

Symptoms:

- Insomnia tree
- Hyper Salvation tree
- Aggressiveness tree

Some new trees:
- Hirsutism tree
- Hyper reflexives tree

Abilities:
- Regeneration tree
- Enhanced senses tree

Overview:

I suggested a vampiric scenario for Halooween.Just look for the Sanguine plague thread.
06-03-2015, 10:53 PM
Okay I'll do that! Smile