The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

'Info panel' diseases and plagues
06-09-2015, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2015 12:23 PM by Galaxya8b.)
Lightbulb 'Info panel' diseases and plagues
Hi everyone!
Before I explain my idea, I would like to say that I really love Plague Inc.!!

So, what's my idea?
It seems really cool and interesting to me if there would be some kind of info panel or wiki in the game that tells you something about the different diseases and plagues present in the game.
It would tell you something about the (fictional) history of the plague with maybe some fancy pictures.
Like, tell that the neurax worm came out of the jungle or desert and was discovered by the Egyptians, or show the a bacteria and its internal components or tell that the Necroa virus 'used to be' a myth of voodoo...
I thought it would also be cool to put in the special symptoms of the special plagues and maybe too of the normal ones (bacteria, virus etc.) and put the actual numbers of infection, severity and lethargy in it.

I searched the forum for similar ideas and found nearly nothing, apart from
Xflue's post, which you can find here: http://forum.ndemiccreations.com/showthread.php?tid=757
(Sorry for the grammar mistakes, English is not my first language :-) )
Curious about your ideas!
(Btw, I really like tau1996's special plagues and hope Ndemic puts at least one into the game! )

EDIT (12-9-15)
There is a little problem I thought of while fantasizing about some history material, which is that coming up with a truly synchronized history for the Necroa virus is hard due to the possible timelines and the achievements connected to those timelines.
(little spoiler alert) for example: the organisations PfiGlax and Darkwater, and the hidden stories of the mysterious bite marks of Egyptian mummies and the Chernobyl origin story.
For the Neurax worm however, it remains much more easy to come up with a story due to the absence of hidden origin stories.
If you have any ideas for more comprehensive origin stories for the neurax worm or even other pathogens, reply pls!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2015, 08:03 PM
RE: 'Info panel' diseases and plagues
I played a bit with some pictures and came up with this

, but maybe someone else has better skills in photoshopping Big Grin
09-09-2015, 10:01 AM
Hi there, great to hear you are a fan!

Interested idea, would be cool to have a lot of background somewhere, particularly the Neurax Worm of course. I'm not sure how interesting the background of bacteria would be though Wink
09-09-2015, 10:19 AM
thanks!!!
yeah, an ancient worm, which controls your mind, straight out of the jungle sounds a lot more interesting than the long long long history of the bacteria....
10-09-2015, 09:00 AM
Nice idea, especially with special symptomps, transmissions and abilities...
10-09-2015, 11:46 AM
Exactly, that you can look up the symptoms before or after you play(ed) the game, and maybe, like, plot your strategy on the special abilities and transmission genes...
27-09-2015, 12:47 AM
Very good idea. As for normal diseases they could explain about the life cycle, severe epidemics and genetic diversity of the Pathogen, there is alot to write about bacterial drug resistance. Prion - Mad Cow disease/Cosmic origin theory. Virus - Common cold. Fungus like athletes foot. So when that message comes up saying "what would happen in real life" you have something in game to read up about.
27-09-2015, 09:34 AM
(27-09-2015 12:47 AM)AnimalM Wrote:  Very good idea. As for normal diseases they could explain about the life cycle, severe epidemics and genetic diversity of the Pathogen, there is alot to write about bacterial drug resistance. Prion - Mad Cow disease/Cosmic origin theory. Virus - Common cold. Fungus like athletes foot. So when that message comes up saying "what would happen in real life" you have something in game to read up about.

Thanks!
Well, it's part of the idea to 'educate' the players of the history of the pathogen, may it be realistic with the bacteria, fungus, virus etc., may it be fictional with the neurax worm, necroa and simian flu.
It would be cool to show the players a pathogen is more than the picture they selected when choosing a disease at the beginning of a game!
And indeed the realistic 'versions' of a pathogen are a really cool feature to that, which lets the players dive into the history of the pathogen!

(I sense maybe a more built in functionality with Wikipedia??)

There's also the option to add some symptom/transmission/ability trees after you have 'discovered' all the symptom in such a tree, which adds some more adventure to the game and some more strategic planning after you have the whole tree unlocked.

hope that the devs are going to do something with it though......