The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Mirror Earth Scenario - Your Recommended Starting Countries?
19-11-2015, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2015 05:11 PM by The Psycho Pathol5ba.)
Cure Mirror Earth Scenario - Your Recommended Starting Countries?
Basically, I want to know what you people think are the best countries in which to begin one's plague in the Mirror Earth scenario. I already can think of a few myself, which I will list in this thread. Three of my personal choices and reasons are below.
  • USA - Poor, plenty of outbound air traffic.
  • China - Poor, has decent sea/air traffic & huge population.
  • Japan - Poor, plenty of air/sea transportation routes to other countries. Fairly decent size population. Only disadvantage is it being an island, meaning no land transmission at all. Undecided

One downside to all of the above countries is the fact that they all have balanced climates, meaning your disease will not have the starting benefit of some resistance to either hot or cold climates if you begin in these countries. Therefore, you will probably have to evolve each set of climate resistance traits in order to spread effectively.

I will probably add more viable starting countries for this scenario later on as I experiment with different options. I plan to try some European countries that in this scenario are poor, such as France or Germany.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2015, 08:13 PM
RE: Mirror Earth Scenario - Recommended Starting Countries?
You should try Japan. It has a great air connection to everywhere and it's poor. Or any other country that is hot and not rich and has air and sea connections.
Or you should try the fungus. Begin in 20 countries at once!
05-12-2015, 02:07 AM
(01-12-2015 08:13 PM)kon Wrote:  You should try Japan. It has a great air connection to everywhere and it's poor. Or any other country that is hot and not rich and has air and sea connections.

OK, perhaps I will try Japan! I am currently trying to beat this scenario on Brutal difficulty.

And about what you are saying about the fungus;

Quote:Or you should try the fungus. Begin in 20 countries at once!

I assume by that you mean I should evolve a bunch of Spore Burst abilities at the beginning, and then a Spore Eruption?
05-12-2015, 05:14 PM
(05-12-2015 02:07 AM)The Psycho Pathol Wrote:  
(01-12-2015 08:13 PM)kon Wrote:  You should try Japan. It has a great air connection to everywhere and it's poor. Or any other country that is hot and not rich and has air and sea connections.

OK, perhaps I will try Japan! I am currently trying to beat this scenario on Brutal difficulty.

And about what you are saying about the fungus;

Quote:Or you should try the fungus. Begin in 20 countries at once!

I assume by that you mean I should evolve a bunch of Spore Burst abilities at the beginning, and then a Spore Eruption?
Yes
10 spore bursts+2 spore eruption + spore hardening (500× chance for infected plane/ship)
Just remember to evolve some symptoms so you have high severity before doing that (dna bonus)
05-12-2015, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2015 05:17 PM by The Psycho Pathol5ba.)
Skull RE: Mirror Earth Scenario - Recommended Starting Countries?
OK, so I had said earlier that I was going to try starting in Japan. I did, with Fungus, on Brutal difficulty, and I also spread a bit at the beginning using the Spore Bursts, albeit not as many as you said. It worked really well! Thank you for recommending Japan as a starting country; its air traffic is quite decent. Added Japan to the list in the original post! I will next maybe try some 'poor' European countries such as France, Germany, Italy etc.

As for this;

Quote:10 spore bursts+2 spore eruption + spore hardening (500× chance for infected plane/ship)

Forgive me for asking, but what is "Spore Hardening?" I assume it is an Ability trait specific to the Fungus plague type, but I honestly cannot find such a trait anywhere. How does one access it? Why have I never seen it?

Never mind, I tried doing what you said and now I know what Spore Hardening is. Guess I'd just never used it before, or maybe I had and forgot. Silly me. Blush