The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Fungus
14-12-2015, 08:54 AM
Fungus
I'm trying to get through this on normal but they keep finding the cure before i ineffect everyone. Any suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2015, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2015 07:22 PM by The Psycho Pathol5ba.)
Question RE: Fungus
Which country do you typically start in? What is your evolution strategy? What percentage of the global population do you typically manage to infect before getting cured? Are any specific countries giving you trouble? Tell me some of these things and I might be able to help you.
18-12-2015, 02:07 AM
RE: Fungus
Try using bird and rodent before you boom out all of your spores. Devolve any mutations. Go for necrosis, coma and insanity
19-12-2015, 11:01 AM
All Spores-Water+Air+Blood-Organ Failure/Necrosis/Haemorrogick Shock
21-12-2015, 08:45 PM
My advice is to do what you'd do for all plagues, infect the entire world, devolve any symptoms you get before the world is infected

But there is one crucial thing, do NOT depend on your spore ability, it's a big trap and we all have fallen for this one atleast once, you'll waste SO MUCH DNA points on it you'll wonder what happened when you realize you don't have much DNA to kill everyone.

You can use it if all the borders and locked and you can't infect some countries (Greenland, Caribbean) but do not depend on it like i said, only use it if you absolutely have too in order to win, just evolve air, water and bird transmissions and you should be fine.
23-12-2015, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2015 09:07 AM by Mars8134.)
Infecting the world with fungus not that easy they close ports quickly when people start dying. I have had starting points at greenland, iceland, the philippines, Madagascar and Egypt. pic below of what i got set up.
I have missed a couple countries either by killing them or healing the disease.    

Thank you for your suggestions.
27-12-2015, 12:27 PM
(23-12-2015 09:06 AM)Mars83 Wrote:  Infecting the world with fungus not that easy they close ports quickly when people start dying. I have had starting points at greenland, iceland, the philippines, Madagascar and Egypt. pic below of what i got set up.

Try and keep a few Fungal Spores back for the late game!
27-12-2015, 09:42 PM
Personally, I just forgot about using spores at all. I'm actually not sure if I evolved any air or sea transmissions. I just waited a good while, not using any symptoms, and once everyone was infected, I evolved as many lethal symptoms as possible. I probably got a very low score with this strategy, but it worked.
I actually start at Russia, since it has transport to Canada, US (both important hubs) and Greenland (almost as evil as Madagascar was in the original flash game)
30-12-2015, 06:08 AM
(27-12-2015 12:27 PM)NdemicMa Wrote:  
(23-12-2015 09:06 AM)Mars83 Wrote:  Infecting the world with fungus not that easy they close ports quickly when people start dying. I have had starting points at greenland, iceland, the philippines, Madagascar and Egypt. pic below of what i got set up.

Try and keep a few Fungal Spores back for the late game!

How late? when research at 50%