The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Purchased 55 Genes but where are they?
31-08-2017, 06:34 PM
Purchased 55 Genes but where are they?
Hello

I purchased all 55 genes for £7.99 for the game Plague and like the person in the enclosed thread noticed that in fact I don't get 55 genes. All I have done is unlocked a couple of genes that hadn't already been unlocked.

https://forum.ndemiccreations.com/showth...p?tid=2070

I therefore would like a full refund, how do Air go about getting this?

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2017, 11:09 AM
RE: Purchased 55 Genes but where are they?
(31-08-2017 06:34 PM)Andy Wrote:  All I have done is unlocked a couple of genes that hadn't already been unlocked.

Sorry Andy, can you explain this part in a little more detail please? Did you have some genes unlocked already?

Also, have you unlocked every disease type? Some of the genes you purchased will have been for the special plague types Necroa Virus, Simian Flu and Shadow Plague - if you haven't unlocked these disease types yet, the genes won't be visible.

Are any genes still appearing locked?

Thanks
01-09-2017, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2017 06:43 PM by Andece.)
(01-09-2017 11:09 AM)NdemicTechSup Wrote:  
(31-08-2017 06:34 PM)Andy Wrote:  All I have done is unlocked a couple of genes that hadn't already been unlocked.

Sorry Andy, can you explain this part in a little more detail please? Did you have some genes unlocked already?

Also, have you unlocked every disease type? Some of the genes you purchased will have been for the special plague types Necroa Virus, Simian Flu and Shadow Plague - if you haven't unlocked these disease types yet, the genes won't be visible.

Are any genes still appearing locked?

Thanks

Thank you for your prompt reply, I will elaborate. When starting a game I can pick a plague type such as Virus or Fungus, then I name it and then I am presented with the Genes screen that allow me to insert up to 5 Genes to modify the Plague. Each of these 5 Genes that I can insert has 5 Genes for me to chose from which get unlocked as the game progresses. That makes a total of 25 Genes to chose from.

I had unlocked all but a couple of these by playing the game and decided to pay £7.99 to unlock all 55. Having paid for 55 Genes I expected the choice of genes to increase from 25 to 55 but all that happened were those couple of genes I hadn't originally unlocked got unlocked and the DNA symbol on the right of the genes screen now states 100%. In practical terms a I cannot see what a I have got for my money.

I hope this explains things a little bit better
04-09-2017, 02:07 PM
The special plague types - Simian Flu, Shadow Plague and Necroa Virus - each have their own unique genes. If you haven't unlocked Necroa yet, you should still be able to play Simian Flu and Shadow Plague Smile

Out of interest, where did you buy these genes?

Thanks
04-09-2017, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2017 05:32 PM by Andece.)
(04-09-2017 02:07 PM)NdemicTechSup Wrote:  The special plague types - Simian Flu, Shadow Plague and Necroa Virus - each have their own unique genes. If you haven't unlocked Necroa yet, you should still be able to play Simian Flu and Shadow Plague Smile

Thanks

Hi thanks. I purchased them in game, why do you ask?
05-09-2017, 10:31 AM
(04-09-2017 05:31 PM)Andy Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 02:07 PM)NdemicTechSup Wrote:  The special plague types - Simian Flu, Shadow Plague and Necroa Virus - each have their own unique genes. If you haven't unlocked Necroa yet, you should still be able to play Simian Flu and Shadow Plague Smile

Thanks

I was under the impression you were playing the PC version, Plague Inc: Evolved, but I'm now led to believe you may be playing the mobile version of the game. Can you confirm?

Thanks
06-09-2017, 10:32 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2017 10:33 PM by Andece.)
(05-09-2017 10:31 AM)NdemicTechSup Wrote:  

Thanks

I was under the impression you were playing the PC version, Plague Inc: Evolved, but I'm now led to believe you may be playing the mobile version of the game. Can you confirm?

Thanks

Yes that's correct I am playing it on an Ipad
07-09-2017, 11:28 AM
(06-09-2017 10:32 PM)Andy Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 10:31 AM)NdemicTechSup Wrote:  

Thanks

Thanks

Yes that's correct I am playing it on an Ipad

Ah, you're in the PC forum. The mobile forum (which covers the iPad version of the game) can be found here - https://forum.ndemiccreations.com/forumd....php?fid=4