The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Help translate Plague Inc: Evolved!
07-03-2014, 01:24 PM
RE: Help translate Plague Inc: Evolved!
Germany is leading now with 85% of the translation done, followed by the Russians (82%) and the French (75%).
The Spanish seem to be a bit lazy, lingering at 46%. Come on El Torros! Big Grin

My fingers bleed, I go play the new build now!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2014, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 04:29 PM by reader1ffe.)
I've done almost the half of the french translation (yankelevitch) today. I'll do the last part tonight.

Will the translators have their names in the credits ?

Edit : Looks like jugo479 has done like 60% of the translation in fact !
07-03-2014, 02:16 PM
(07-03-2014 02:04 PM)reader1 Wrote:  I've done almost the half of the french translation (yankelevitch) today. I'll do the last part tonight.

Will the translators have their names in the credits ?

Seriously, half of it today? That's awesome... I decided to take a break once I stumbled across all the countries descriptions/history... I translated Afghanistan and when I thought what there is yet to come, I stopped Blush
07-03-2014, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 02:44 PM by LiquidBa38c.)
Seems like German translation is finished,
French and Russian very close to completion.. and this in only 1 day.
Good job guys! Big Grin
07-03-2014, 02:49 PM
Done indeed! Let's check it and vote so it can be finished. I know I have to correct some of mine, I did not use the best fitting terms in 1-2 situations...ehem...
07-03-2014, 05:04 PM
I would like to add some notes regarding the German translation, so anyone who did work on it, please read.

Infectivity is currently translated with Ansteckungsgefahr which is technically not wrong, yet the correct medical term is Infektiosität. I proposed this in the translation and would call out to vote for it.

Another example is lethality, which is currently Tödlichkeit - again not wrong, yet the medical term is simply Letalität and should be preferred in this game in my opinion, it adds so much to the immersion and authenticity if the correct terminology is used, don't you think?

Also I'd like to add that it is amazing how fast all this happened, amazing!
07-03-2014, 05:26 PM
I'm dutch, but all the people from the Netherlands understand English very well.
And thank god you are using actual people for this kind of stuff. And not a crap translator like Google Translate.
07-03-2014, 05:38 PM
(07-03-2014 05:04 PM)PAX-1 Wrote:  Infectivity is currently translated with Ansteckungsgefahr which is technically not wrong, yet the correct medical term is Infektiosität. I proposed this in the translation and would call out to vote for it.

Another example is lethality, which is currently Tödlichkeit - again not wrong, yet the medical term is simply Letalität and should be preferred in this game in my opinion, it adds so much to the immersion and authenticity if the correct terminology is used, don't you think?

In favor and upvoted!
07-03-2014, 06:40 PM
Thanks for all your help guys, very impressed by the speed!

I've taken out the country background descriptions. If you really want to do those then I can set up a separate project!

Voting is highly encouraged, it will make the proofreading stage a lot smoother.

We are looking at ways to reward/recognise the best translators. Thanks a lot for all your help!
07-03-2014, 06:42 PM
(07-03-2014 11:03 AM)PAX-1 Wrote:  I am working on some German ones atm and have an important question. Do you want us to translate it into a more casual way, or more courteous/polite?

For now, I picked the more casual way, since this game is not dead-serious (well, kinda) and a more "personal" approach seems to fit more.

Kinda hard to explain to non-German speakers what I actually talk about... can a fellow German help out? Big Grin

Edit: Ok, I spend like 1.5hrs translating so much stuff!
I must be infected indeed... Big Grin

The more casual way sounds good (you will be glad to hear!). Thanks a lot for the time you have put in!