The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Help translate Plague Inc: Evolved!
07-03-2014, 08:35 PM
RE: Help translate Plague Inc: Evolved!
im doing the italian one!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2014, 09:21 PM
(07-03-2014 05:38 PM)LiquidBac Wrote:  
(07-03-2014 05:04 PM)PAX-1 Wrote:  Infectivity is currently translated with Ansteckungsgefahr which is technically not wrong, yet the correct medical term is Infektiosität. I proposed this in the translation and would call out to vote for it.

Another example is lethality, which is currently Tödlichkeit - again not wrong, yet the medical term is simply Letalität and should be preferred in this game in my opinion, it adds so much to the immersion and authenticity if the correct terminology is used, don't you think?

In favor and upvoted!

Great, thanks!

(07-03-2014 06:42 PM)NdemicT Wrote:  The more casual way sounds good (you will be glad to hear!). Thanks a lot for the time you have put in!

You're welcome!
I did it more casual for ingame stuff but kept it formal for official crap like privacy policy, credits and all that. I noticed all the others did the same.

I wonder, will you make a new languages available once a language is done? When that happens, will we still be able to correct some things? I am sure a lot of hick ups will appear, cause in some cases it was a guessing game in what context a term was used and since German is a hell of a crazy language, there might be some things that need to be fixed/adjusted.
Something I gladly volunteer for again of course...
07-03-2014, 10:00 PM
I'm pretty sure that most of the languages have to be adjusted because these translations are all kinda out of context so sometimes something may not sound right.
08-03-2014, 08:34 AM
Lethality inside the glossary is still "Tödlichkeit", meh. Big Grin
08-03-2014, 12:47 PM
(08-03-2014 08:34 AM)PAX-1 Wrote:  Lethality inside the glossary is still "Tödlichkeit", meh. Big Grin

Jeah, but "Letalität" sounds better...much better. Dodgy
08-03-2014, 11:42 PM
I just finished translating into Italian Cool but there is no other Italian who can vote and approve the project! Sad
10-03-2014, 02:09 AM
back from vaca, glad to get back into translating Spanish Wink also, i seem to notice there is a few inconsistencies (some by me :3), so quick question, will these be the actual translations or will they be proofread then accepted and the incons. be fixed? Also, surprising how fast some of them got translated (talking to you, Brazilian Portuguese).
10-03-2014, 09:42 AM
(08-03-2014 12:47 PM)Pandemi Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 08:34 AM)PAX-1 Wrote:  Lethality inside the glossary is still "Tödlichkeit", meh. Big Grin

Jeah, but "Letalität" sounds better...much better. Dodgy

Sarcasm, or did you misread my post?
I complained that it still was Tödlichkeit instead of Letalität, which is the better term.
10-03-2014, 10:03 AM
Plague Inc RE: Help translate Plague Inc: Evolved!
Hello Ndemic!
Me and my friend would like to translate the game to Hungarian if you people agree with that Big Grin
10-03-2014, 12:25 PM
If you ever want to translate the game to Swedish I'll be more than happy to help out!