The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Help translate Plague Inc: Evolved!
10-03-2014, 03:19 PM
RE: Help translate Plague Inc: Evolved!
(10-03-2014 09:42 AM)PAX-1 Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 12:47 PM)Pandemi Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 08:34 AM)PAX-1 Wrote:  Lethality inside the glossary is still "Tödlichkeit", meh. Big Grin

Jeah, but "Letalität" sounds better...much better. Dodgy

Sarcasm, or did you misread my post?
I complained that it still was Tödlichkeit instead of Letalität, which is the better term.

*facepalm* sorry, i don't know what i was thinking.
Jeah, well i hope they use the correct term in the game. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2014, 04:48 PM
(10-03-2014 03:19 PM)Pandemi Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 09:42 AM)PAX-1 Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 12:47 PM)Pandemi Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 08:34 AM)PAX-1 Wrote:  Lethality inside the glossary is still "Tödlichkeit", meh. Big Grin

Jeah, but "Letalität" sounds better...much better. Dodgy

Sarcasm, or did you misread my post?
I complained that it still was Tödlichkeit instead of Letalität, which is the better term.

*facepalm* sorry, i don't know what i was thinking.
Jeah, well i hope they use the correct term in the game. Big Grin

I've unlocked "Tödlichkeit", so please vote up Letalität if that is the best! Thanks a lot!
10-03-2014, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2014 08:54 PM by NdemicMa097.)
(07-03-2014 09:21 PM)PAX-1 Wrote:  
(07-03-2014 06:42 PM)NdemicT Wrote:  The more casual way sounds good (you will be glad to hear!). Thanks a lot for the time you have put in!

You're welcome!
I did it more casual for ingame stuff but kept it formal for official crap like privacy policy, credits and all that. I noticed all the others did the same.

I wonder, will you make a new languages available once a language is done? When that happens, will we still be able to correct some things? I am sure a lot of hick ups will appear, cause in some cases it was a guessing game in what context a term was used and since German is a hell of a crazy language, there might be some things that need to be fixed/adjusted.
Something I gladly volunteer for again of course...

Once we are happy with the amount of voting that has taken place, we will go through a proofreading process. Following that, we will add it to the game. There will be opportunity to make changes after this, however it isn't ideal.

If you ever have doubts about context, please raise it as an issue in the comments section. It will raise it to my attention and I can go and seek out from the tech guys exactly where the string will pop up in the game.
11-03-2014, 01:17 PM

"Mortalitätsrate" is currently ranking at the top! I presume this isn't correct?
Please vote as appropriate!
11-03-2014, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2014 02:46 PM by Pandemi6d5.)
(11-03-2014 01:17 PM)NdemicT Wrote:  

"Mortalitätsrate" is currently ranking at the top! I presume this isn't correct?

Undecided It sounds so...over the top. It's like the 18th century version of "Letalität" Big Grin

Edit: Letalität is an adjective (which is correct because lethality is >>describing<< how "deadly" something is)
Mortalitätsrate is actually completely wrong because it could be used to describe how many of those who are infected die (in absolute numbers!)
Wow, this is so hard to explain. ._.
Anyway i hope my fellow germans will vote correctly. Smile
11-03-2014, 03:51 PM
(11-03-2014 02:34 PM)Pandemi Wrote:  

Undecided It sounds so...over the top. It's like the 18th century version of "Letalität" Big Grin

Edit: Letalität is an adjective (which is correct because lethality is >>describing<< how "deadly" something is)
Mortalitätsrate is actually completely wrong because it could be used to describe how many of those who are infected die (in absolute numbers!)

Apparently, they won't.
I guess not every translator is following this thread, since some still prefer Tödlichkeit over Letalität, which I refuse to understand.
I wish to address this topic more and solve it once and for all since I feel in this case, it is not up to preference, but really flat out wrong to prefer Tödlichkeit.

Lethality = Letalität
Deadliness = Tödlichkeit

Now, I don't see any single reason not to prefer Letalität over Tödlichkeit.
1. It is the direct translation, thus preferable.
2. It is - as the original - medical terminology, thus preferable.

"Dumbing it down" from Letalität to Tödlichkeit would be like calling an airplane a flying-thing in a flight sim... well yeah ok, not exactly, but you catch my drift I hope.

From Dict.cc
[Image: fbaaa79bfacde2f9c1ecfd3313fce78a.png]

[Image: 178bbbdcfd8e57f862b0b2b0338d3edb.png]

Additionally, other texts in the game have already been adapted to Letalität, kudos to LiquidBacon, so we would have to change them back again as well, duh. Dodgy
11-03-2014, 05:30 PM
(11-03-2014 03:51 PM)PAX-1 Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 02:34 PM)Pandemi Wrote:  

Apparently, they won't.
I guess not every translator is following this thread, since some still prefer Tödlichkeit over Letalität, which I refuse to understand.
I wish to address this topic more and solve it once and for all since I feel in this case, it is not up to preference, but really flat out wrong to prefer Tödlichkeit.

Lethality = Letalität
Deadliness = Tödlichkeit

Now, I don't see any single reason not to prefer Letalität over Tödlichkeit.
1. It is the direct translation, thus preferable.
2. It is - as the original - medical terminology, thus preferable.

"Dumbing it down" from Letalität to Tödlichkeit would be like calling an airplane a flying-thing in a flight sim... well yeah ok, not exactly, but you catch my drift I hope.

From Dict.cc
[Image: fbaaa79bfacde2f9c1ecfd3313fce78a.png]

[Image: 178bbbdcfd8e57f862b0b2b0338d3edb.png]

Additionally, other texts in the game have already been adapted to Letalität, kudos to LiquidBacon, so we would have to change them back again as well, duh. Dodgy

I couldn't have said it better Big Grin
12-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Finished up Spanish, come vote up some translations or post more if you think they can be done better (I know we might'ave screwed up some)
13-03-2014, 06:17 AM
will you make a russian translation?my coutryman do not understand english well...)
13-03-2014, 11:41 AM
(13-03-2014 06:17 AM)tau199 Wrote:  will you make a russian translation?my coutryman do not understand english well...)

Russian is already done - just needs to be checked/corrected.
Your comrades can rejoice! Big Grin