The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

What means "Custom Scenarios"?
13-04-2014, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2014 07:48 PM by Daikec57.)
DNA What means "Custom Scenarios"?
Greetings Ndemic-Team and the Community!

I'am an german student and my English is not the best, so please dont blame me! (:

I was playing Plague Inc. since it was just an Application Game for the Handy and I REALLY love this kind of Game. Strategie mixed with an highend of Biological theme.
Evolution, I just love it!
So at this Point I say Thanks to Ndemic. This Game is really pretty and should be even better! (:

So, at the Point, the reason for this Thread is a small Question, well, like the Title.
What means "Custom Scenarios?" I'am an big Fan of Games that included Editors, to Desing the Users own Maps or Storys, so, is the Custom meaning an Editor? To Mutate a absolutely own Plague? With Evolution Steps and anything like that?
I will be VERY happy if it is! I ever love it, if a good Game has an Editor. (:

I'am very thankful for answers.
I hope you all can understand me, i apologize for my bad English.

Greetings, your Daikech. (:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2014, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2014 08:33 PM by LiquidBa38c.)
RE: What means "Custom Scenarios"?
You got it exactly right. There will be a scenario editor, in which users can create and publish their own plague versions. To my knowledge this will be integrated with the Steam Workshop as well.

PS: Btw you can play the game in German as well. There are still some text glitches, as German translations tend to be a bit longer than the original, but it's very playable at this stage. (you can even participate in improving the translations here) Smile
13-04-2014, 08:37 PM
That is awesome! (:
Thank you for the confirmation.
And yea, i know that there is an Lanquage setting. I just mean, this Forums is International? So, i speak English. (:

Greetings, your Daikech.
14-04-2014, 09:33 AM
(13-04-2014 08:32 PM)LiquidBac Wrote:  You got it exactly right. There will be a scenario editor, in which users can create and publish their own plague versions. To my knowledge this will be integrated with the Steam Workshop as well.

PS: Btw you can play the game in German as well. There are still some text glitches, as German translations tend to be a bit longer than the original, but it's very playable at this stage. (you can even participate in improving the translations here) Smile

Yep - this is spot on. Really, really excited to bring this out - can't wait to see what people come up with Smile
14-04-2014, 05:18 PM
(13-04-2014 08:37 PM)Daikec Wrote:  That is awesome! (:
Thank you for the confirmation.
And yea, i know that there is an Lanquage setting. I just mean, this Forums is International? So, i speak English. (:

Greetings, your Daikech.

Good English btw.
15-04-2014, 05:02 AM
Wait, I have a question for the Custom Scenarios thing.

Can we create new symptoms (eg. maculopapular rash, purpura, etc.) and add custom points to Infectivity, Severity, and Lethality?

Like, um, classifying purpura with somewhat moderate severity and low lethality.
15-04-2014, 04:27 PM
(15-04-2014 05:02 AM)helix-foss Wrote:  Wait, I have a question for the Custom Scenarios thing.

Can we create new symptoms (eg. maculopapular rash, purpura, etc.) and add custom points to Infectivity, Severity, and Lethality?

Like, um, classifying purpura with somewhat moderate severity and low lethality.

Don't quote me, but I don't think so....as I understand it scenarios are the world being different, not the diseases....so a custom situation you might be able to make EVERY country rich to make your life hell....