The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Question regarding pricing
10-05-2014, 10:07 PM
Thumbs Down Question regarding pricing
Hi,

Love playing the game on Android, so was rather excited to see it ported to the PC.

I have a question about the price of the game in the UK.

The game is shown on your own website as being $14.99 ( approx. £8.90 )
which is a good pricepoint for the game.
However, when I go to the Steam, it is listed as being £11.99 ( approx. $20.20 )

Why is the game more expensive in the UK ?

Wmplynig.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2014, 12:45 AM
RE: Question regarding pricing
(10-05-2014 10:07 PM)Wmplyni Wrote:  Hi,

Love playing the game on Android, so was rather excited to see it ported to the PC.

I have a question about the price of the game in the UK.

The game is shown on your own website as being $14.99 ( approx. £8.90 )
which is a good pricepoint for the game.
However, when I go to the Steam, it is listed as being £11.99 ( approx. $20.20 )

Why is the game more expensive in the UK ?

Wmplynig.

Because your country's currency is more expensive, just like I paid less than $14,99 because the Euro is worth much more.

~Hollow.
11-05-2014, 10:17 AM
~Hollow is right; I've tried buy something for 24 pounds; but when I've changed to mine Polish Zlotys I've realized it'll cost me... 123 PLN.
This was unacceptable for me.
I suggest to use PayPal; this should save some your monies Smile
11-05-2014, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2014 10:28 AM by Wmplyn4ee.)
That doesn't stand up though Hollow.
Because the GB Pound has good exchange rates, should not affect the overall cost of an item.

As I put in the original post, the exchange rate of $14.99 should be the equivalent of £8.90.

Another example is that on the Russian market, the game is 299 Rubles - this is the equivalent of £5.06.

Oh and on a side note... your 13.99 Euros.... at current exchange rates is the equivalent of $19.25 - So you are still paying way more than the Americans, Russians, Australians and Brazilians..... and only around 50p less than UK prices.

Manganman - I usually use Paypal for Steam purchases, but there is no option for buying the game from other regions in Steam and the game is not available anywhere else. For example, if I could buy a Steam code direct from the developer, it would cost me $14.99, not the $20.20 that Steam want to charge me....
12-05-2014, 02:11 PM
(11-05-2014 10:24 AM)Wmplyni Wrote:  Another example is that on the Russian market, the game is 299 Rubles - this is the equivalent of £5.06.
(...)
Manganman - I usually use Paypal for Steam purchases, but there is no option for buying the game from other regions in Steam and the game is not available anywhere else. For example, if I could buy a Steam code direct from the developer, it would cost me $14.99, not the $20.20 that Steam want to charge me....
So buy it indirectly, it isn't illegal.
I frequently buy games from dev's/resellers/retail shops to save some cash.
Here you got one deal on e-bay (but still it isn't a deal to me, because it cost me 46 zlotys): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plague-Inc-Evo...20e4266eb3