The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Mega-Brutal Strategies for Scenarios (3 bio)
11-05-2014, 11:57 PM
Mega-Brutal Strategies for Scenarios (3 bio)
Post your scenario strategies here...

I still need to complete Nipah, Swine, and Smallpox on M-B. However, I think Smallpox might be impossible on M-B. Can an admin confirm this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2014, 01:51 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2014 01:51 AM by GoldenAf6d.)
RE: Mega-Brutal Strategies for Scenarios (3 bio)
If it was impossible to beat, they wouldn't release it Wink. My strat' no matter what is always try to silence it then spread it
12-05-2014, 02:43 AM
^Yes, except for random medical checks. I already have a 3 bio on brutal but always get cured with about ~50% world infected on M-B.
12-05-2014, 09:07 AM
(11-05-2014 11:57 PM)dragon5 Wrote:  Post your scenario strategies here...

I still need to complete Nipah, Swine, and Smallpox on M-B. However, I think Smallpox might be impossible on M-B. Can an admin confirm this?

Not impossible - people have done it (though, to be honest, I struggle to!) Smile
12-05-2014, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2014 09:59 PM by dragon841.)
(12-05-2014 09:07 AM)NdemicMa Wrote:  
(11-05-2014 11:57 PM)dragon5 Wrote:  Post your scenario strategies here...

Not impossible - people have done it (though, to be honest, I struggle to!) Smile

:o May you show me a picture and/or video?

I just don't see how being detected/cured/vaccinated so early would allow you to get enough DNA to infect and then kill everyone. The thing is not really killing people but surviving long enough to infect everyone without being cured or vaccinated. I mean, you get detected very early on, and the cure speed is amazingly quick (sometimes going up by 5-6% each day) so when you try to slow it down, you're wasting valuable DNA points on that, plus the ever-so-expensive vaccine shields, that the genetic shifts make it so you can't evolve lethal symptoms in time.

And even if it is possible on Mega Brutal, it's definitely not possible to get it with 3 biohazards (I think). Getting 3 biohazards on Brutal was hard enough, and that strategy relied on a hidden disease (which is impossible on M-B).
14-05-2014, 04:22 AM
I know a great strategy. I have already beaten the game on mega brutal with all diseases and it is my new casual with the nurax worm.
**SPOILER WALL! DON'T READ IF YOU WANT TO FIND OUT YOURSELF***
You have to be aggressive. Get air and water early and get drug resistance 1 once spotted and the 2 hardenings. Then try a get the final thing in the air and water thing as well as cold 1 and 2 and heat 1. Get these in any order you see fit. Also see about getting drug 2 later. Also make sure that the first time you spread to another country get something like insomnia or nausea AND coughing to make sure you get more than one DNA per new country you infect. Then go for killing. I recommend starting with insomnia and going for insanity early, then moving up to coma. The quickly get dysentery and total organ failure to kill everyone. This should win you the game with everything except zombie and nurax obviously. The big thing is rush, and reap the bonuses of being obvious before they spot you, since you can't hide. Hope this helps!
14-05-2014, 03:00 PM
This is not for sharing standard/special plague types on Mega Brutal. Those are easy. I'm talking about the scenarios on different disease types. Such as Nipah, Swine Flu, Pirate Plague on Nano-Virus, or the like.
14-05-2014, 09:03 PM
(14-05-2014 03:00 PM)dragon5 Wrote:  This is not for sharing standard/special plague types on Mega Brutal. Those are easy. I'm talking about the scenarios on different disease types. Such as Nipah, Swine Flu, Pirate Plague on Nano-Virus, or the like.

Oh those. The idea still kinda applies. The best recommendation is to be very aggressive. I will have to replay those to give a better explanation.
15-05-2014, 03:18 AM
Yeah I've already beaten all of the scenarios on Mega Brutal except smallpox and have to get 3 bios on Nipah and Swine. As well I'd like to try using other disease types for the situational scenarios. My strategy for those currently is Neurax; go straight to Bird 2, Rodent 2, Insect 2, then Air 2 and Water 2, get the increased mutation, evolve Transcendence, and boom! 3 biohazards.
15-05-2014, 11:51 AM
(15-05-2014 03:18 AM)dragon5 Wrote:  Yeah I've already beaten all of the scenarios on Mega Brutal except smallpox and have to get 3 bios on Nipah and Swine. As well I'd like to try using other disease types for the situational scenarios. My strategy for those currently is Neurax; go straight to Bird 2, Rodent 2, Insect 2, then Air 2 and Water 2, get the increased mutation, evolve Transcendence, and boom! 3 biohazards.

Transcendence is just the way to go with nurax. You don't have to wait for everyone to die.