The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Unlisted Countries
22-06-2014, 07:51 PM
Unlisted Countries
First of all i'll start by apologizing if this inst the right set for such a discussion.

What I wanted to ask, or perhaps suggest, is adding countries that already have borders but are linked with another country.

Its one thing to call a group of countries Central Asia or Middle easy, but its another to add two countries under the name of one of them.

Example: Iraq "Absorbed the State of Kuwait".

Would such things be fixed in the future?
Is there a setting for suggestions ?

From my understanding this game is in Alpha phase, which generally mean community involvement.

Respectfully

Ace
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2014, 08:21 PM
RE: Unlisted Countries
AFAIK it's a engine related issue. Ndemics should tell more.
23-06-2014, 12:50 PM
The countries would be too small to be individually touched in a touch-sensitive device. (eg. Kuwait) Also, plagues can easily cross a land border (eg. Bird Transmission) so putting groups of small countries (eg. Baltic States) is a lot easier for the developers.

Also, since PIE is a Plague Inc port to the PC, the game mechanics should be the same so that's why we can't put all the countries in the PC version to make it fair.

Also, I still wonder why Ndemic didn't include the Oceania islands.
23-06-2014, 02:05 PM
See yea I kind which that whole area would go back to being the Middle east, instead we have Kuwait being absorbed into Iraqi "Which once invaded Kuwait btw".

Would be better if the whole area is just counted as one country tho.

Appropriate the answers guys.
23-06-2014, 05:48 PM
Hello

In my opinion or you name the countries or name the areas. Is better to use only one criteria.

For example, in the case of Spain, is better to name it as Iberian Peninsula. Because in that area is located Portugal and Spain, not only Spain (as it is in the game).
24-06-2014, 09:35 AM
(22-06-2014 07:51 PM)q8Ac Wrote:  First of all i'll start by apologizing if this inst the right set for such a discussion.

What I wanted to ask, or perhaps suggest, is adding countries that already have borders but are linked with another country.

Its one thing to call a group of countries Central Asia or Middle easy, but its another to add two countries under the name of one of them.

Example: Iraq "Absorbed the State of Kuwait".

Would such things be fixed in the future?
Is there a setting for suggestions ?

From my understanding this game is in Alpha phase, which generally mean community involvement.

Respectfully

Ace

Thanks for raising the issue - this is absolutely the right place to ask questions like this Smile

We couldn't include every single country or state in the game solely due to gameplay reasons. It would be overwhelming to the player and difficult to control from an interface point of view if there were hundreds of different countries and regions to click on. Absolutely no offence is caused by this. Hope you understand Smile
25-06-2014, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2014 06:50 PM by DzumaParalic360.)
I do understand, but each existing country has its own health departments, borders and such, that the disease would need to cross. So, a way to make the game challenging would be to try and increase the number of countries.