The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

The Pro-biotic Disease
04-07-2014, 11:59 PM
The Pro-biotic Disease
I made a suggestion some time ago about a disease where you are purposefully trying to infect humanity to actually save them from another.

the idea is that Healthy people can be infected with either, but as you infect them with your pro-biotic disease it isolates those folks from the other, and as you upgrade it you could actually convert the regular infected over to pro-biotically infected.

During the game, the bad disease would also be working to upgrade itself to overpower yours and try to wipe you out as well.

So it would be a case of each disease competing not only to infect but to destroy or at least overpower the other.

So "symptoms" of your pro-biotic disease, would be strengthening of the neural pathways or enhancement of immune response, and other things written in similar sounding language.

I'm still not sure whether to have the government try to "cure" both diseases or just change the research upgrade to resisting the bad disease.

If it's the latter then you would have to make it so the bad disease given enough time is unbeatable much like when the governments come up with the cure, you just screwed and have to watch as the bad disease infects the world and kills it.

I'm not sure what the Victory screen for infecting the world and saving it would look like, I would like a flip of the colors associated, using White as the victory screen and Red as the defeat screen. (normally, White means defeat and Red means Victory.)

i don't know what do you think NDemic??

-AE
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2014, 07:04 AM
RE: The Pro-biotic Disease
I was hoping someone from Ndemic could comment on this?
06-08-2014, 09:27 AM
This is an interesting idea. It is similar concept to something we have been considering in the multiplayer plans for Plague Inc: Evolved.
07-08-2014, 08:28 PM
Hmm,i had this idea before....