The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Game type suggestion: The Flare
11-07-2014, 07:51 AM
Game type suggestion: The Flare
Seeing that you were able to make the disease type from Planet of the Apes, I think you should talk with 20th century fox again and try to get a game type for The Flare from the maze runner series. After reading the prequel, which is all about The Flare, I must say that it would be an amazing game type to have on this game. And after seeing what an amazing job you did on the Planet of the Apes game type, you could make such an amazing game type out of this disease

Suggestions of how it could work:

- in the abilities tab, you are able to send out Bergs to infect towns
- goal of the game is to kill everyone as usual BUT the catch is that some people are immune and many people live in isolated cities.
- in the abilities tab you are able to upgrade the disease to be undetectable by Flare testers (this allows the disease to be able to enter isolated cities easier)
- certain symptoms will make the infected more aggressive. This will help with killing immune people, but the drawback is infected will also kill each other.
- after a certain amount of time you will no longer be able to use bergs to spread the disease since your resources will be taken by the new government that is created (called WICKED)
- WICKED is a worldwide government so almost all money goes to cure research, but it is extremely hard to develop a cure.
- there is a time limit of 16 years because you must race Against a group of immune people who seek out a "safe haven". You must kill them before they reach it.

Now, WHY create this game type:

- it is they to see a game type where there are immune people

- new factors are introduced such as killing the immune people before you kill all the infected.

- isolated cities are a new feature

- many fans of The Maze Runner series will love this game type along with people who are yet to read the books.

- it would be just awesome!

For more information on the disease, the prequel called "The Kill Order" is all about the origins of the disease and the rest of the "Maze Runner" series is a great story on the cure, immune people, isolated cities, and the escape of some immune people.

Any suggestions/support is welcome below.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2014, 03:25 PM
RE: Game type suggestion: The Flare
I am a fan of "Maze Runner" series and I approve this! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Would be soo cool! Big Grin
20-09-2014, 04:34 AM
I actually had an idea to start the game even before that point:
You could start the virus in a Population Control Committee lab and evolve it to the point where it has suitable effects (instant brain death and decreasing infectivity) to be released on the world. You could then use your DNA Points to deploy the kill teams to countries (i.e. The Kill Order). Once the virus is released on the world, increase infectivity and infect the world, including the founding members of WICKED. Then, focus on killing the Immunes, by using both aggressive symptoms and Horde Abilities of the Cranks and driving the WICKED scientists insane, resulting in deadlier and deadlier Trials for Immunes.

:D

However, for the time being, I've created a Scenario for Plague, Inc. Evolved that replicates the events of "The Kill Order" as much as possible. You can find it here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...lar+Flares
26-09-2014, 09:11 PM
I just loved that idea, i want to say about maze runner a long time ago, we need to have this in the game!!!
Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin