The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Ever have infectivity almost grind to a halt in a certain country?
28-07-2014, 05:17 PM
RE: Ever have infectivity almost grind to a halt in a certain country?
I've had some countries stall even when everything was really good for that country. For example, I had greenland get about halfway then just... stop on a bacteria that started in Russia (so cold adjusted) with all 3 levels of bacterial hardening, Cold 1+2, Hot 1+2, and the 'super shell'. plus about 70% infectivity.

In fact if I remember that game, I was going nicely along and figured I had it won so started on the fun stuff (necrosis, total organ failure) and lost because greenland had some few thousand uninfected people left. (I think that when you've got disease that includes corpses infecting uninfected people that the game should continue with some very small infection rate from the dead (accidental finds of corpses in appartments, say) until a cure is deployed.

However if you look at the news briefs that pop up that may explain some of that; for example, if it's a rural country and you have livestock transmission and they begin limiting livestock movements it may slow the disease down.

Similarly an urban country might begin exterminating rats.

I think the infection levels from transmission vectors can be (more effectively) overridden by in-game events than the infection levels you gain from symptoms.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ever have infectivity almost grind to a halt in a certain country? - copperhamster - 28-07-2014 05:17 PM