The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Official Bug Report & Known Issues
21-06-2014, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2014 12:03 AM by NdemicTechSupc3e.)
RE: Official Bug Report & Known Issues
(20-06-2014 06:35 PM)Comrade Napol Wrote:  Just a day ago I bought Plague Inc Evolved on Steam on Mac. When I opened up the game the music came on and the company's name appeared and so did the cool looking cursor. At first, I thought that the black screen was just a loading screen but the longer I waited the more I doubted that. Either this is a bug or just something I'm not doing right. Please help. Exclamation

Sorry to hear that. Can we suggest that you try following troubleshooting steps:
  • Inside Steam under ‘Plague’ right click and select ‘Properties’
  • Under General uncheck ‘Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game’
  • Select Local Files tab and under that select ‘Browse Local Files’ button
  • Delete ‘VideoConfig.txt’ file by moving into trash
  • Go back to properties window and then under ‘Local Files’ Select ‘Delete Local Game Content’
  • Reinstall the game and play

If the above trouble shooting steps did not make any difference try following :
  • Inside Steam under ‘Plague’ right click and select ‘Properties’
  • Under General uncheck ‘Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game’
  • Select Local Files tab and under that select ‘Browse Local Files’ button
  • Replace the text in the ‘VideoConfig.txt’ file with this (but not the word 'code', ovs!)
    Code:
    videooptions:
    window_width:1920
    window_height:1080
    window_mode:Fullscreen
    msaa_level:AA_2
    target_fps:FPS_60
    anisotropic_filtering:Disable
    v_sync:VSync_0
    dynamic_effects:On
    particle_effects:On
  • Relaunch the game
If all the above steps still do not work, please email us some system info - type of mac, OSx you a running, graphics card to: pctechsupport@ndemiccreations.com - thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official Bug Report & Known Issues - NdemicTechSupport - 21-06-2014 12:02 AM
can't open Plauge in iPad - Tazman - 12-06-2016, 06:02 AM