The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.9 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

New Plague generalities
13-11-2017, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2017 07:51 PM by orcquest.)
New Plague generalities
Well, I've decided to run two parallel threads for the benefit of those playing [ My name is "Dispair" ].

On this thread I will be sharing my thoughts on why I decided to build a scenario like this one, and some thoughts about what's happening in the real world that I believe this game represents.

I guess you could call this my "Plague blog". So, whenever I have thoughts about how to win a game based on my own play, I'll share this with all of you. And I would hope that you can and will do the same.
I know that since this scenario has some really sensitive concepts, politically, ecologically and otherwise; I want to make sure that this is still viewed as a game not a social profile.

It's my hope that if nothing else, how and why I designed the game will encourage others to try out some of my own ideas.

Ok, onward and forward: Let's start with why I chose to use the "Prion" as the Desease type rather than any of the other types.
The Plague inc's description is as follows: "A Prion is a slow, subtle and complex pathogen in the brain - it is much harder to notice and cure. Disease takes longer to react to new evolutions".

You might consider this scenario a study of the pathology of social disease.
I like how the dictionary expresses the term Pathology--"the abnormality of structure and function characteristic of a disease".

I have noticed that social behavior particularly of that surrounding political and ecological opinion resembles that of a Prion. Read the description and think about it again. So, since I had wanted to build a scenario with these thoughts in mind, what better disease option could I have chosen right? :-)

Well, that's it for the time being. Keep following on the other thread, and let me know how successful you've been with my plague by posting on that one. This thread is open to comments as well. Please feel free to PM me or email me. I'd like to start a community blog using this plague as the kickstarter :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New Plague generalities - orcquest - 13-11-2017 06:00 PM
RE: New Plague generalities - vansdogs - 13-11-2017, 08:29 PM
RE: New Plague generalities - orcquest - 14-11-2017, 12:11 AM
RE: New Plague generalities - orcquest - 25-11-2017, 10:39 PM
RE: New Plague generalities - orcquest - 05-12-2017, 01:12 AM