The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

New Plague generalities
25-11-2017, 10:39 PM
RE: New Plague generalities
Hi there all who have been following my threads :-)
I haven't posted on this thread for awhile, so I thought I'd spend some time here.
For those of you who have been playing this scenario, you should be reasonably familiar with all of the traits from each tree in Transmissions, Symptoms and Abilities.
A great deal of forethought went into how to represent all of the traits. I realized that the only practical approach would be via the use of photographic icons.
It's at this point that I have to thank over and over again the assistance that I got from Ndemic creations as I was going through the design process.
I had no idea how involved this would become! In the back of my mind I knew the direction that I wanted to go with this scenario; but for those of you who have created your own scenarios, you know how intense the process can be. For instance: Let's take the
"Civil Unrest" tree. I knew that I wanted the tree to end with internment camps. The question was--using photos, how did I want to represent the downward spiral from peaceful rallies to police intervention to internment camps The approach that I used was using key words or phrases with Google.
For each type of trait representation, I had to go through large numbers of images, copy those to my album and use the ones that gave the scenario a professional appearance. Out of several hundred photos collected for Transmissions, Symptoms and Abilities; the ones that ended up being used I feel best represented my scenario.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New Plague generalities - orcquest - 13-11-2017, 06:00 PM
RE: New Plague generalities - vansdogs - 13-11-2017, 08:29 PM
RE: New Plague generalities - orcquest - 14-11-2017, 12:11 AM
RE: New Plague generalities - orcquest - 25-11-2017 10:39 PM
RE: New Plague generalities - orcquest - 05-12-2017, 01:12 AM