The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Mega-Brutal Strategies for Scenarios (3 bio)
20-05-2014, 07:26 AM
RE: Mega-Brutal Strategies for Scenarios (3 bio)
I managed to beat Smallpox on Mega Brutal, just barely. I actually had the Cure hit 100% after the "Variola major about to wipe out humans" screen, but it still registered as a completed scenario, which shows how down to the wire it got.

For genetic code, I went Metabolic Jump, Genetic Mimic, Aerocyte, Urbophile, and Trans-Statis, and I started in India due to the hot climate bonus and easy access to both India and China's giant populations.

Don't even bother with White Pox, and I don't really see too much benefit in devolving any starting symptoms. The increased severity just helps with accruing DNA points and the game is going to cure the plague faster than most governments can close their ports, anyway.

The first things I did was evolve Droplets 2 and 3 and grab the 1st Vaccine shield. Then I evolve Drug Resistance 1 and grab Genetic Hardening 1 and 2, as well as Corneal Ulceration to slow the cure ASAP. Then I loaded on Transmitions, fully evolving Fomites to Extreme Bioaresol with Air and Water 2 for increased chance of infected boats and planes. After that, I added Blood 1 and 2 and Extreme Hematophagy for increased infectivity in poor countries as well as mutation chance. Then, I went ahead and grabbed all the resistances starting with Drug 2 and going all the way to Environmental Hardening to help make sure places like Greenland and Iceland go quickly. As the cure rate starts hitting the 90s, get the Genetic Reshuffles as needed. Once you run out of those, Symptoms will be the last line of defense against the cure, starting with Coma, and then the Black Pox line of symptoms. Hopefully, this is enough to keep the Cure at bay until most of the world's governments have fallen.

As far as the Experimental Vaccine shields go, I don't evolve them until they show up on the news ticker to keep the pace going fast. I recommend slowing the game down at about six months or so game time to keep an eye out for the release of the experimental vaccines and react to them more efficiently.

DNA shouldn't really be an issue, because Severity combined with Metabolic jump means that four or five red bubbles can yield up to 30 DNA. I just wish there were more cure stopping symptoms to spend them on.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mega-Brutal Strategies for Scenarios (3 bio) - NdemicMarc - 12-05-2014, 09:07 AM
RE: Mega-Brutal Strategies for Scenarios (3 bio) - Screwberry - 20-05-2014 07:26 AM