The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Change The Price!
23-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Exclamation Change The Price!
Hello, I am just a humble little internet user, and I never got to buy Plague Inc. because I could never buy a smartphone, because I do not have a lot of money. But I do have a laptop, and I do have steam, and when I head about Plague Inc. Evolved, I went nuts.
But when I saw the price, I was so disappointed when I saw the RIDICULOUS price! 14.99 for a game in early alpha!? What are you guys, CRAZY!? Now don't get the wrong idea of my opinion of you guys, I have seen gameplay of Plague Inc. Evolved, and it looks like a good game. But I do not want to pay the price of a full game for a game in it's alpha phases! Just please, hear me out! I would buy it for 5.00 dollars, or maybe even 7.00, but I refuse to pay 14.99. PLEASE LOWER THE PRICE!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2014, 04:27 PM
RE: Change The Price!
Try re-evaluating the pricing of the game once it's fully released (it has multiplayer, Steam Workshop support, scenario creator and many more).

The advantage of buying it now, in Early Access, is you get to play the game while it is being developed and new features are added. You also get to report any bugs you encountered to help the game be bug-free when it's fully released.
23-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Yeah let's put a game up on Steam with this much content for $5, smart. The game not only features ALL of the DLC from the iOS version for FREE, but it will also have 14 scenarios to play in (such as infecting the world during the ice age), a custom scenario creator to make scenarios to put on the Steam Workshop, and guess what else?

Co-op and competitive mutliplayer.

I think the game is well worth the price, as you're getting to get the game early, you get to watch the game grow, and you're helping support the developers who absolutely deserve the money they're being asked to be paid.
23-03-2014, 06:18 PM
Dude I paid £10 for it. Or as its priced for americans $15. which means you get it for around £7/£8 in my kind of money.

IT IS 100% WORTH IT. the graphics are good, the news is funny, I played it for 10 hours solid on it when I got it. when you pay around $4 less than I do for it you can't complain. Seriously its worth it.

and if you want to compare early access cost check out Dayz. that cost me £20 or $35 for americans (I assume) This game is well priced. I don't often insult people but you sir are a cheapskate and a whiney bitch.

For its price this game is a steal. I think it should be $5-$10 more for what you get. I'm sure your parents can afford to give you a little bit more pocket money. I really don't think you know what early alpha means.
23-03-2014, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2014 09:13 PM by pathog0b7.)
Given that you have Steam (and presumably have afforded other games, and probably more expensive ones), you must realise this is a low price, right? If you want to play a diluted version of the game without paying anything at all, search "Pandemic" (an online Flash game - there are versions 1 and 2). It's nowhere near as detailed as this but if you don't want to pay the price, it's an alternative.
24-03-2014, 08:06 AM
I don't see much wrong with the price - given the planned features; but I wish there was some sort of discount option for those who have already purchased the mobile app version - since that is included in the $15 PC version (if I'm not mistaken). I feel like I'm sort of double paying in that case, which kind of sucks. A discount would be awesome, even if it's not full equivalent to what I already spent - at least it's something. I'd even take like a $4 discount over the $7 I spent on the app version. Would be nice.
24-03-2014, 12:41 PM
(24-03-2014 08:06 AM)Veluu Wrote:  I don't see much wrong with the price - given the planned features; but I wish there was some sort of discount option for those who have already purchased the mobile app version - since that is included in the $15 PC version (if I'm not mistaken). I feel like I'm sort of double paying in that case, which kind of sucks. A discount would be awesome, even if it's not full equivalent to what I already spent - at least it's something. I'd even take like a $4 discount over the $7 I spent on the app version. Would be nice.

Ah - when I read 'app' I assumed $1 (my bad), so yeah, $7 is a bit different. If it's any consolation, the mobile version doesn't appear to be included in the main version (there's a button for it but this just takes you to a page where you can buy it). I guess it's like any platform game - buy it on one platform and usually you have to rebuy it for another. There's an inequality when the two platforms happen to be 'big gaming machine' and a mobile device, but if the game is identical, then the usual seems to be that people have to buy the two versions separately.
26-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Hmmm,

I see the problem here...

You don't know what you're buying, so spending that much money on it (especially in alpha stage) seems daunting. Considering some of the other games I've bought without knowing what I was getting, I kinda know the feeling of being screwed over (I hate you, developers of that game that i shall not mention!)

The best solution to this: Get a free demo. Nothing fancy, just limited in what you can do, but enough to show the gameplay. Something like Bacteria only, and you only have basic mutations (or something). If you like it, buy it, otherwise don't. simple as that.