The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Suggestions?
10-04-2014, 03:57 PM
RE: Suggestions?
(03-04-2014 04:04 PM)YellowLi Wrote:  Tweak the growth of the Neurax Worm in the 3D Brain Scanner. The Neurax Worm isn't supposed to grow tendrils after Cerebral Breach and Cerebral Tendrils are bought. But when I evolve everything in the Transmission and Abilities tab, the 3D Brain Scanner shows that the Worm has already grown tendrils in certain parts of the brain, when it's not supposed to, right?

I'm pretty sure those pictures just evolve based on DNA spent not on what you spent it on.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2014, 01:33 PM
(10-04-2014 03:57 PM)Jeste Wrote:  I'm pretty sure those pictures just evolve based on DNA spent not on what you spent it on.

Oh.

Suggestion: A more HD Splash Screen? It feels like the Splash Screen can have a much more high quality image than the one used right now.
18-04-2014, 01:33 PM
Idea Interactive Events Idea
Events are cool and add a nice touch, I think it would me more great if there were some with a two or three way choice which affects your game to a degree.
By this I mean:
Event happens. Player can choose A, B or C. A gives you a symptom; B gives you genes; C affects your disease negatively, etc. The positive or negative effects can be anything remotely related to the event's wording.
"Chains" of events can be made as well, by one of the choices triggering a timer until next event in the chain happens. Spice up the pop-up windows with nice pictures to gather interest, heck, even the pictures could change in relation to the player's choice to add even more fluff.
These could be totally random, or tied to sets of starting locations/climates/etc.; and relatively scarce (one or none in a single playthrough).

Now that my brain farted by producing it's one idea/random amount of time, I need help from the community to come up with events/branching chains of events, and any input about the idea in general.

The only one clichéd 'screenplay' of mine:

:EVENT:
A lab accident happens involving some monkeys in the riff-raff.
:CHOICES:
[A] monkey escapes in the wild - one infected in one neighbouring uninfected country, if none available either start a "chain", or give a measly bonus of temporary infection rate increase.
[B] monkey bites lab assistant - government shuts down the facility hindering research.
[C] monkey smashes lab equipment - gain a random symptom IF disease transmits by blood, ELSE nothing happens, monkey gets shot.

To be honest I scrolled through the forums, judging mostly by titles, read some threads too and haven't met with this, if someone proposed anything similar, my apologies.

edit
Done some thorough reading, so I'm also posting this under the 'Suggestions' thread, my apologies for spreading like the flu (pun)
Originally posted in a separate thread [Idea Interactive Events], after that I realized that it may fit in here as well.
18-04-2014, 04:40 PM
(18-04-2014 01:33 PM)skyNE Wrote:  Idea Interactive Events Idea
Events are cool and add a nice touch, I think it would me more great if there were some with a two or three way choice which affects your game to a degree.
By this I mean:
Event happens. Player can choose A, B or C. A gives you a symptom; B gives you genes; C affects your disease negatively, etc. The positive or negative effects can be anything remotely related to the event's wording.
"Chains" of events can be made as well, by one of the choices triggering a timer until next event in the chain happens. Spice up the pop-up windows with nice pictures to gather interest, heck, even the pictures could change in relation to the player's choice to add even more fluff.
These could be totally random, or tied to sets of starting locations/climates/etc.; and relatively scarce (one or none in a single playthrough).

Now that my brain farted by producing it's one idea/random amount of time, I need help from the community to come up with events/branching chains of events, and any input about the idea in general.

The only one clichéd 'screenplay' of mine:

:EVENT:
A lab accident happens involving some monkeys in the riff-raff.
:CHOICES:
[A] monkey escapes in the wild - one infected in one neighbouring uninfected country, if none available either start a "chain", or give a measly bonus of temporary infection rate increase.
[B] monkey bites lab assistant - government shuts down the facility hindering research.
[C] monkey smashes lab equipment - gain a random symptom IF disease transmits by blood, ELSE nothing happens, monkey gets shot.

To be honest I scrolled through the forums, judging mostly by titles, read some threads too and haven't met with this, if someone proposed anything similar, my apologies.

edit
Done some thorough reading, so I'm also posting this under the 'Suggestions' thread, my apologies for spreading like the flu (pun)
Originally posted in a separate thread [Idea Interactive Events], after that I realized that it may fit in here as well.

This could help the pace, so it might fit, but it could also screw up game balance, it's an idea that would need a little bit of work to fit Wink
18-04-2014, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2014 06:11 PM by GoldenAf6d.)
Reading up on the twiter, i see people are having trouble with unlocking them all... so what about an unlock all button for temporary relief, if you use it high scores won't be saved and you can't unlock genes, but you still can enjoy all the plagues to your hearts content
19-04-2014, 05:20 PM
(18-04-2014 04:40 PM)GoldenA Wrote:  This could help the pace, so it might fit, but it could also screw up game balance, it's an idea that would need a little bit of work to fit Wink

What do you consider to be weights that need to be put on the scale? If you get what I mean. There are already things that affect the game in an imbalanced way - the random stuff like tsunami, quake, global warming/cooling etc.
Asking because I'm not convinced that there is balance as such in this game. Not implying that as a negative, it's just not that kind of game I think.
19-04-2014, 05:49 PM
(19-04-2014 05:20 PM)skyNE Wrote:  
(18-04-2014 04:40 PM)GoldenA Wrote:  This could help the pace, so it might fit, but it could also screw up game balance, it's an idea that would need a little bit of work to fit Wink

What do you consider to be weights that need to be put on the scale? If you get what I mean. There are already things that affect the game in an imbalanced way - the random stuff like tsunami, quake, global warming/cooling etc.
Asking because I'm not convinced that there is balance as such in this game. Not implying that as a negative, it's just not that kind of game I think.

Actually, i take it back XD i was playing a game of plague and a random event happened... spontaneous infection, i never knew that was in there, so your idea makes a lot more sense now so no, balance doesn't matter XD as long as it's not outta hand Tongue
20-04-2014, 01:36 AM
Choosing an option to collect data from the Internet to update the news reels every month or so. (The London Olympics occurred like two years ago.)

Like the CDC finding out what not to do in order to avoid transfer of MERS-CoV.
Or the upcoming 2016 Rio Olympics.
Or infected worship of the Dome fossil.
As well as other references in real life (eg. plans to recreate Titanic, mass panic between choosing red or blue pill (probably when Neurax has symptom Cognitive Scrambling), etc.)
13-05-2014, 11:04 AM
A suggestion for the World Map country status indicator Smile

[Image: 1fsa5Zz.jpg]
20-05-2014, 04:37 AM
Bump.