The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Official Bug Report & Known Issues
20-06-2014, 09:36 AM
RE: Official Bug Report & Known Issues
(19-06-2014 09:31 AM)Seddon44 Wrote:  I don't know if the new update did this, I never noticed it before then, but the pictures for some of the countries are wrong now. The USA no longer shows the same image and the image for Russia is now the same one as the UK

Some of the countries have different images and others use the same base image for now. As part of the early access we'll be making all of the countries in the game have their own image. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2014, 01:40 PM
(20-06-2014 09:36 AM)NdemicTechSup Wrote:  
(19-06-2014 09:31 AM)Seddon44 Wrote:  I don't know if the new update did this, I never noticed it before then, but the pictures for some of the countries are wrong now. The USA no longer shows the same image and the image for Russia is now the same one as the UK

Some of the countries have different images and others use the same base image for now. As part of the early access we'll be making all of the countries in the game have their own image. Thanks.

I don't know what happened because I played again today and all the pictures had gone back to normal - USA showed a picture of USA and Russia of Russia
20-06-2014, 02:22 PM
(20-06-2014 01:40 PM)Seddon44 Wrote:  
(20-06-2014 09:36 AM)NdemicTechSup Wrote:  

I don't know what happened because I played again today and all the pictures had gone back to normal - USA showed a picture of USA and Russia of Russia

Good news! Thanks for letting us know.
20-06-2014, 06:35 PM
Just a day ago I bought Plague Inc Evolved on Steam on Mac. When I opened up the game the music came on and the company's name appeared and so did the cool looking cursor. At first, I thought that the black screen was just a loading screen but the longer I waited the more I doubted that. Either this is a bug or just something I'm not doing right. Please help. Exclamation
21-06-2014, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2014 12:03 AM by NdemicTechSupc3e.)
(20-06-2014 06:35 PM)Comrade Napol Wrote:  Just a day ago I bought Plague Inc Evolved on Steam on Mac. When I opened up the game the music came on and the company's name appeared and so did the cool looking cursor. At first, I thought that the black screen was just a loading screen but the longer I waited the more I doubted that. Either this is a bug or just something I'm not doing right. Please help. Exclamation

Sorry to hear that. Can we suggest that you try following troubleshooting steps:
  • Inside Steam under ‘Plague’ right click and select ‘Properties’
  • Under General uncheck ‘Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game’
  • Select Local Files tab and under that select ‘Browse Local Files’ button
  • Delete ‘VideoConfig.txt’ file by moving into trash
  • Go back to properties window and then under ‘Local Files’ Select ‘Delete Local Game Content’
  • Reinstall the game and play

If the above trouble shooting steps did not make any difference try following :
  • Inside Steam under ‘Plague’ right click and select ‘Properties’
  • Under General uncheck ‘Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game’
  • Select Local Files tab and under that select ‘Browse Local Files’ button
  • Replace the text in the ‘VideoConfig.txt’ file with this (but not the word 'code', ovs!)
    Code:
    videooptions:
    window_width:1920
    window_height:1080
    window_mode:Fullscreen
    msaa_level:AA_2
    target_fps:FPS_60
    anisotropic_filtering:Disable
    v_sync:VSync_0
    dynamic_effects:On
    particle_effects:On
  • Relaunch the game
If all the above steps still do not work, please email us some system info - type of mac, OSx you a running, graphics card to: pctechsupport@ndemiccreations.com - thanks!
23-06-2014, 11:41 AM
Okay. This happened two or three times to me now, and I kinda think it's a bug. The first time it really startled me XD
While playing a plague and happily killing humanity, close before the end when most people are already dead (like 95%), I suddenly get a pop up reading saying:

Quote:Spontaneous infection of {country}
{plague name} has somehow managed to infect {country}!

(note: {} = place holder. The popup tells me whatever plague name I used and whatever country it is this time. It's different countries every time*g*)

Now ... I had the popup saying that there are no healthy humans left on earth before. The cure is at somewhat 70% or so and never made it to completion. When looking at the world overview, it tells me that whatever country has been supposedly spontaneously infected, is actually completely dead, and it was the first to die.

So I'm guessing the pop up should rather be something like 'plague has successfully killed xxx' or something along those lines? The first time it just really startled me because I thought I had missed some godforsaken island again (it was the Caribbean, if I recall correctly)

Just thought I'd mention it.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

24-06-2014, 07:38 AM
(23-06-2014 11:41 AM)Amancha Wrote:  Okay. This happened two or three times to me now, and I kinda think it's a bug. The first time it really startled me XD
While playing a plague and happily killing humanity, close before the end when most people are already dead (like 95%), I suddenly get a pop up reading saying:

Quote:Spontaneous infection of {country}
{plague name} has somehow managed to infect {country}!

(note: {} = place holder. The popup tells me whatever plague name I used and whatever country it is this time. It's different countries every time*g*)

Now ... I had the popup saying that there are no healthy humans left on earth before. The cure is at somewhat 70% or so and never made it to completion. When looking at the world overview, it tells me that whatever country has been supposedly spontaneously infected, is actually completely dead, and it was the first to die.

So I'm guessing the pop up should rather be something like 'plague has successfully killed xxx' or something along those lines? The first time it just really startled me because I thought I had missed some godforsaken island again (it was the Caribbean, if I recall correctly)

Just thought I'd mention it.

Appreciate you mentioning it and also giving us info. We'll look into it.
25-06-2014, 12:23 PM
Hi again,

not sure if this has been reported before or when it started to happen. I haven't used save games too much before. However, when I played around today, I noticed that the 'load game' from the main menu fails to display the first three save games.
When you are in a game and press X/esc to get to the menu and use the 'Load game' from there, they are all displayed. When saving an additional game, I also get the complete list. It really is just the 'Load game' from the main menu when you enter the game, that hides some of your saves Wink

Attaching two screenshots. I have not deleted any games in between the shots. It's just one from the in-game-menu (showing 5 saves) and the start-up menu (showing only 2)

if you have less than four save games, by the way, it is slightly confusing. When the loading screen opens (from the main menu again) you have an empty list left yet on the right side it does display the game information of the most recent game. So it still works. you are just forced to play the most recent save.

Thanks for all your work Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

25-06-2014, 06:26 PM
(25-06-2014 12:23 PM)Amancha Wrote:  Hi again,

not sure if this has been reported before or when it started to happen. I haven't used save games too much before. However, when I played around today, I noticed that the 'load game' from the main menu fails to display the first three save games.
When you are in a game and press X/esc to get to the menu and use the 'Load game' from there, they are all displayed. When saving an additional game, I also get the complete list. It really is just the 'Load game' from the main menu when you enter the game, that hides some of your saves Wink

Attaching two screenshots. I have not deleted any games in between the shots. It's just one from the in-game-menu (showing 5 saves) and the start-up menu (showing only 2)

if you have less than four save games, by the way, it is slightly confusing. When the loading screen opens (from the main menu again) you have an empty list left yet on the right side it does display the game information of the most recent game. So it still works. you are just forced to play the most recent save.

Thanks for all your work Smile

Good spot! Yes, we've got that on the list. Its an update issue with the menus so they appear at the top. We're on the case and thanks for the excellently documented bug report.
29-06-2014, 08:24 PM
I know it's incredibly small and 'nit picky' but it really bugged me that the symptoms dyspnea and hemorrhagic shock would be spelt dyspnOea and hAemorrhagic Shock. Because y'know it isn't in line with the other spellings like diarrhOea and internal hAemorrhaging.