The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Official Bug Report & Known Issues
18-07-2014, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2014 01:42 PM by NdemicTechSupc3e.)
RE: Official Bug Report & Known Issues

We've fixed those in the update. Thanks.

The black screen bug and the XML errors - we're on those now too - thanks all for reporting them!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2014, 10:20 PM
Bug RE: Official Bug Report & Known Issues
Recently (since the last or maybe next-to-last update), I've noticed that the infection/death progress bars, especially for the Necroa virus, don't even come close to approximating the actual numbers with respect to percentages healthy, infected, killed, and (if applicable) zombified. I'm running Windows 7 x64 on an Intel core i5 with 32GB RAM.
20-07-2014, 12:14 AM
Hey guys.

Not sure if it's a bug or if I'm mistaken, but on Nipah Virus I noticed the picture for the headache symptom looks like the rash picture on any other plague Wink

screenshot attached.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

20-07-2014, 05:52 AM
Biohazard RE: Official Bug Report & Known Issues
You can play through a game, even on casual, save it when there are a paltry 10-20k humans remaining to wipe out, then simply reload it over and over to unlock all the pre-start genetic modifications.

(You do have to specifically do this with certain disease types to get their unique unlocks, for example the Simian Flu's two special disease trees.)

Given that a particular game doesn't really take that long, I would suggest (and tell players this when they try to quit mid game) that the game somehow flag itself as a loaded game and simply not give a genetic mod unlock. In fact that's the only thing you'd need to suppress. If they are playing on normal, let them unlock the next disease; Brutal and mega-brutal gives credit as needed, these are all single time achievements.
(You can do a little bit of fiddling to get achievements like saving the game once you are fully infected with everyone's favorite neural worm, then pushing over to max lethality or total control, or triggering nuclear attack against Russia or China when everything is initially set, but those are minor things and don't affect gameplay).
21-07-2014, 10:08 AM
So, occasionally when I send apes to island countries, they will infect everything in their path, but when they reach their destination, they'll sometimes register as dead instead of intelligent. Is this a bug or does this happen randomly?
22-07-2014, 02:28 PM
Plague Inc. : evolved isn't working on IMac. It simply doesn't lunch.
25-07-2014, 10:40 AM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2014 10:41 AM by NdemicTechSupc3e.)
(18-07-2014 10:20 PM)Endemic Misanth Wrote:  Recently (since the last or maybe next-to-last update), I've noticed that the infection/death progress bars, especially for the Necroa virus, don't even come close to approximating the actual numbers with respect to percentages healthy, infected, killed, and (if applicable) zombified. I'm running Windows 7 x64 on an Intel core i5 with 32GB RAM.

Do you have some screenshots of this? Helps with looking for the issues. Thanks.

(22-07-2014 02:28 PM)overthr Wrote:  Plague Inc. : evolved isn't working on IMac. It simply doesn't lunch.

Can you email us the OS and graphics card of the iMac? pctechsupport@ndemiccreations.com Thanks.

(21-07-2014 10:08 AM)Screwber Wrote:  So, occasionally when I send apes to island countries, they will infect everything in their path, but when they reach their destination, they'll sometimes register as dead instead of intelligent. Is this a bug or does this happen randomly?

Not sure, can you give us some more notes on how you play so we can try to replicate? Thanks.
25-07-2014, 03:44 PM
When will be the proofreaders in the credits? Smile I talked with James long time ago about this. I just ask for curiosity ^^, because he asked if i would like use my real name or nickname.
25-07-2014, 04:16 PM
Is this a bug or am I just stupid? I lately was playing the Nipah Virus scenario, I ended up infecting everyone on earth and the disease highly lethal. When I was already pleased with my win... I lost. The stats say that there are 0 Healthy, 28 000 000 Infected, 678 000 000 000 Dead. The disease would kill everyone, if the game didn't suddenly end, saying that all hosts were eradicated and some countries are left healthy, although there were none. Is this a bug?

[Image: 830Vbgj.jpg]
27-07-2014, 12:55 PM
(25-07-2014 10:40 AM)NdemicTechSup Wrote:  
(21-07-2014 10:08 AM)Screwber Wrote:  So, occasionally when I send apes to island countries, they will infect everything in their path, but when they reach their destination, they'll sometimes register as dead instead of intelligent. Is this a bug or does this happen randomly?

Not sure, can you give us some more notes on how you play so we can try to replicate? Thanks.
Here's a screenshot of the glitch, with the full ape population of Zimbabwe being moved to New Zealand.

[Image: 2CCdCOp.png]

Generally, my play style at the early stage of the game is to fully evolve the Colony DNA gathering, fully evolve Ape Transmission, and then evolve the Organized Travel abilities. The only thing I can think of is that I will start moving apes around while I upgrade the Organized Travel abilities.