The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Should Plague Inc. Add Ebola?
31-08-2014, 01:36 AM
RE: Should Plague Inc. Add Ebola?
(31-08-2014 12:00 AM)RapGo Wrote:  Yeah it's crazy scary. That would have been deadly if they would have used it.

The WHO has already said that the infected could turn into as many as 20,000. The thing we mostly have to worry about at the moment if it mutates and becomes less deadly as ebola just simply kills people too fast to be able to spread it. It would also be bad if it somehow became able to spread throughout the air. With symptoms of the disease such as necrosis it is starting to sound like Plague Inc in real life. I hope that nothing will happen to anyone but this whole thing is kind of scary.

I don't think it will be the next 1918 pandemic but they should put more resources to countries in Africa. Let's not kid ourselves even with all of our technology a single pathogen could do great damage to our society. It definitely would not wipe us all out but it could take a nasty chunk out of our population and the symptoms are just horrifying.

The main problem at the moment is not ebola (unless it happens to mutate) but the fact that our disease monitoring in undeveloped parts of the world is crucially underfunded is the biggest concern. The fact that ebola has come up has just awakened the public to it being underfunded. It doesn't help that the media turns almost any disease and cranks the dial up to 11 so when another 1918 pandemic comes (Pray to God it doesn't) we are prepared.

This again leads me to mixed feelings about popular science. Although popular science sites and the like might expose people to popular concepts sometimes they do not show the whole range of data and certain points are left out or they over-hype the story just to draw in more views to their website or the like.

My hope is that the public will wake up and demand our government and the governments of the world to have tighter disease surveillance. I also hope that people will not buy into scare tactics and think it will be the end of the world. That doesn't mean that I don't think people should be careful and monitor diseases then they are currently doing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2014, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 31-08-2014 12:47 PM by tau19182.)
(31-08-2014 01:36 AM)PlagueIncF Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 12:00 AM)RapGo Wrote:  Yeah it's crazy scary. That would have been deadly if they would have used it.

The WHO has already said that the infected could turn into as many as 20,000. The thing we mostly have to worry about at the moment if it mutates and becomes less deadly as ebola just simply kills people too fast to be able to spread it. It would also be bad if it somehow became able to spread throughout the air. With symptoms of the disease such as necrosis it is starting to sound like Plague Inc in real life. I hope that nothing will happen to anyone but this whole thing is kind of scary.

I don't think it will be the next 1918 pandemic but they should put more resources to countries in Africa. Let's not kid ourselves even with all of our technology a single pathogen could do great damage to our society. It definitely would not wipe us all out but it could take a nasty chunk out of our population and the symptoms are just horrifying.

The main problem at the moment is not ebola (unless it happens to mutate) but the fact that our disease monitoring in undeveloped parts of the world is crucially underfunded is the biggest concern. The fact that ebola has come up has just awakened the public to it being underfunded. It doesn't help that the media turns almost any disease and cranks the dial up to 11 so when another 1918 pandemic comes (Pray to God it doesn't) we are prepared.

This again leads me to mixed feelings about popular science. Although popular science sites and the like might expose people to popular concepts sometimes they do not show the whole range of data and certain points are left out or they over-hype the story just to draw in more views to their website or the like.

My hope is that the public will wake up and demand our government and the governments of the world to have tighter disease surveillance. I also hope that people will not buy into scare tactics and think it will be the end of the world. That doesn't mean that I don't think people should be careful and monitor diseases then they are currently doing.

Well,Sybir is an ideal safe-place in case of a world-wide plague...Its cold there(but not too cold),low population dencity,natural food...Bania,vodka,and a pet bear-thats real life)
31-08-2014, 10:00 PM (This post was last modified: 31-08-2014 10:00 PM by PlagueIncaf5.)
(31-08-2014 12:47 PM)tau199 Wrote:  

Well,Sybir is an ideal safe-place in case of a world-wide plague...Its cold there(but not too cold),low population dencity,natural food...Bania,vodka,and a pet bear-thats real life)

Heh, maybe they have a survival bunker Tongue

(31-08-2014 12:47 PM)tau199 Wrote:  

Heh, maybe they have a survival bunker Tongue
01-09-2014, 06:35 AM
(30-08-2014 09:38 PM)RapGo Wrote:  They could add ebolapox. It's a mix between small pox and ebola. It was a project by the Soviet Union in 1930s.

Hmm,well do you know any symptoms transmissions..?
06-09-2014, 03:08 PM
I say yes.