The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Mutation 10 - Plague being detected early
27-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Mutation 10 - Plague being detected early
Hello,

I am not sure if this is a bug or if it is part of the new update and I would like some enlightment about that.

Since the new update (mutation 10), when you start a new game in any plague type and any difficulty, your plague will already be a bit infectious and severe.
By that I mean the progress bars (infectivity & severity) in the disease screen are not at 0% at the beginning of the game.

Practically speaking, it means that your plague will eventualy be detected without evolving any symptom (which wasn't the case up to this update, except on mega-brutal difficulty with the random check-ups).

This make the game a whole lot more difficult (on any difficulty) especially for some of the achievements where the key is to stay undetected for quite a while, which has now become impossible.

I first noticed that while attempting the "Glados says Hi" achievement where you have to infect the islands (Greenland, Madagascar, New Zeland...) before the world becomes aware of your plague and starts teleporting to uncontaminated islands.
I have tried all other plague types/scenarios and noticed it was the case for each of them.

So is it normal and part of the update, making the old 'infect the whole world undetected, then becoming lethal' strategy osolete?
Or is it a bug?

Thank you Smile

-Thomas

PS: I'm running Plague inc on a Samsung Galaxy S4, Android version 4.4
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2014, 11:39 AM
RE: Mutation 10 - Plague being detected early
Random medical check ups were also added in to the Teleportation scenario. This scenario would be pointless if you could infect the whole world undetected.

Otherwise, on normal plague types and normal difficulties, there shouldn't be any difference with detection. Let us know if you can't stay hidden on standard plagues.
31-12-2014, 11:54 AM
Hi, thanks for your answer.

(31-12-2014 11:39 AM)NdemicT Wrote:  Random medical check ups were also added in to the Teleportation scenario. This scenario would be pointless if you could infect the whole world undetected.

That makes sense, thanks for the explanation.

(31-12-2014 11:39 AM)NdemicT Wrote:  Otherwise, on normal plague types and normal difficulties, there shouldn't be any difference with detection. Let us know if you can't stay hidden on standard plagues.

It looks like I can in fact stay hidden on other plague types. The only difference is that the disease starts with some infectivity and severity factor (as mentioned in my first post). However, this does not seem to impact the detection of the plague or the playability in any way.

I also noticed a bug since the last update:
The music will randomly stop during a game. The music setting is checked (green mark) in the settings but at one point it just stops playing. The sounds however (fx) are still played.
31-01-2015, 03:59 AM
(31-12-2014 11:39 AM)NdemicT Wrote:  Random medical check ups were also added in to the Teleportation scenario. This scenario would be pointless if you could infect the whole world undetected.

Otherwise, on normal plague types and normal difficulties, there shouldn't be any difference with detection. Let us know if you can't stay hidden on standard plagues.

Why blood tests also exists with Santa's Little Helper scenario? I already had all black symptoms and the happiness bar was empty. I was playing on Brutal
03-02-2015, 10:55 AM
(31-12-2014 11:54 AM)alvinleet Wrote:  Hi, thanks for your answer.

(31-12-2014 11:39 AM)NdemicT Wrote:  Otherwise, on normal plague types and normal difficulties, there shouldn't be any difference with detection. Let us know if you can't stay hidden on standard plagues.

It looks like I can in fact stay hidden on other plague types. The only difference is that the disease starts with some infectivity and severity factor (as mentioned in my first post). However, this does not seem to impact the detection of the plague or the playability in any way.

The music will randomly stop during a game. The music setting is checked (green mark) in the settings but at one point it just stops playing. The sounds however (fx) are still played.

Interesting issue regarding the music - are you playing on iOS or Android? Do you have any steps to replicate this issue?
03-02-2015, 10:55 AM
(31-01-2015 03:59 AM)Ghost Diam Wrote:  

Why blood tests also exists with Santa's Little Helper scenario? I already had all black symptoms and the happiness bar was empty. I was playing on Brutal

For clarity - are you saying you're getting the random blood tests from Mega-Brutal on Brutal difficulty in the Santa's Little Helper scenario? I'm struggling to replicate this on iOS so wondering if you could give me any more information Smile
26-10-2015, 03:28 PM
(03-02-2015 10:55 AM)NdemicMa Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 11:54 AM)alvinleet Wrote:  Hi, thanks for your answer.

Interesting issue regarding the music - are you playing on iOS or Android? Do you have any steps to replicate this issue?

I'm seeing the music issue as well. I'm on an iPad Air 2 with iOS 9 (latest update), and the music stops after a while. If I stop and start the game, it doesn't come back. It only comes back if I completely restart the iPad.