The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Hard-coded events? and killing Zcom
17-04-2015, 01:27 PM
Hard-coded events? and killing Zcom
So, I'm trying to make a necroa virus that doesn't have Z-Com show up, ever.
There's other notifications (such as the "corpses are turning into zombies, mankind doesn't know what's coming at them") that I'd like to get rid off, but don't seem to go away after disabling all event packs in the Events lab.

Are those hardcoded in? I've seen bugfixes on solving issues with unwanted events, but this is still around, at least for me (Scenario Creator version is 6.5.3).

As for Z-Com itself: Since I can't seem to get rid of them, I plan on making them show up, to be revealed later on that the whole thing is to advertise a movie, discrediting them (planes would be sent after billions of days, and their government action would be deleted so that they don't actually have any effect). But I can't find a way to make them appear without people noticing the disease or the zombies (it'd be weird to have that kind of movie hoax while the world is worried because of zombies). Are there any alternatives to get rid of them?

TL;DR: Are there any hardcoded events that can't be disabled? What do you suggest to get rid of Z-Com?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2015, 01:14 PM
RE: Hard-coded events? and killing Zcom
bump?
21-04-2015, 02:06 PM
Unfortunately there are some events that can't be removed or edited at the moment.

This is something we are considering adding, but as I say, unfortunately it can't be changed currently.

Thanks for the suggestion Smile
21-05-2015, 02:19 PM
I dont know if it works at the necroa virus, but it works with the Simian-flu. Make an Event with Trigger Treshhold = 0 and Trigger can fire = -1. This will block any Hardcoded Event, but from then you have to change your buildwise for your events. But its do able. Smile
21-08-2015, 06:26 PM
Remove all Z Com things in Government Actions lab?
27-09-2015, 01:50 PM
(21-05-2015 02:19 PM)Sp0tty J0n Wrote:  I dont know if it works at the necroa virus, but it works with the Simian-flu. Make an Event with Trigger Treshhold = 0 and Trigger can fire = -1. This will block any Hardcoded Event, but from then you have to change your buildwise for your events. But its do able. Smile

How exactly do you do that?