The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Suggestions?
22-03-2014, 09:39 AM
Biohazard RE: Suggestions?
not sure if this has been suggested or not yet.. a vampire virus and or a religious fanatic virus where the point would be to convert all humans to one religion and then kill them all
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2014, 12:52 PM
RE: Suggestions?
(22-03-2014 09:39 AM)Golden Wom Wrote:  not sure if this has been suggested or not yet.. a vampire virus and or a religious fanatic virus where the point would be to convert all humans to one religion and then kill them all

The vampire virus is new. But the 2nd virus sounds like the neurax worm.
23-03-2014, 06:53 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2014 07:56 AM by YellowLi02d.)
* A bigger icon? (Maybe 2x bigger than the current one?)

[Image: lnLeUBE.png]

* Update the demographics (country population) to the most recent one?

* A more detailed in-game manual?

* Scenario material: Dengue fever.

* More variety for the city cams.
24-03-2014, 11:54 AM
Thanks for all the ideas guys! We are reading through and adding to the ideas list!
24-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Hi,

After dumping some more hours into destroying the world, here are some more ideas - some are far fetched, but may mutate into some nifty scenarios...

1) The previously mentioned alien virus, but not an actual virus. I'm thinking more along the lines of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers". It 'infects' by replacing the host (a time-consuming process) - so the virus wouldn't 'kill' in the usual sense, just replace people.

2) Killer Vegetation. Plants that eat people - like a fungus infecting plants, making them carnivorous in some way, or perhaps a nastier version of this. It would be a very slow virus, and very hard to pin down, but quite serious. Again, "Day of the Triffids". (Note to self: stop watching old horror movies...)

3) A virus from the deep ocean, since there are thousands of them that do unspeakable things to the things they infect. This virus would only spread via water, and would hopefully have a whole assortment of nasty lethalities...

4) Rabies...or something like it - very long incubation time, only spread via blood-to-blood or mucous contact, and exceptionally difficult, if not impossible to cure. As a point of reference, we still can't cure Rabies; just place the patient in an induced coma and wait until the virus burns itself out, which usually causes irreparable brain damage. So, in this case the infection would be very challenging to spread, but you could win even if the scientists produce a cure - since everyone left would have severe brain damage. What a sobering thought...

5) Bacteriophages. A virus that infects only bacteria and turns it lethal in some way. This would involve a two-step infection - first spread a benign, easily transmittable bacterial infection through the population, and then create a separate virus to infect this bacteria and make it turn lethal. The first part would be easy, or in the terms of the game (since it only does a single disease at this time), even involve bacteria already found in the human digestive system. Now infect those bacteria with something that makes them turn lethal, and voila.

6) A viral mutation path that targets mitochondria, instead of normal DNA. Makes human cells incapable of producing energy (Or something... I'm no biologist). Basically throws a spanner in the works of the bit of the cell that the rest of the cell relies on. Since it indirectly infects human cells, it's much more difficult to detect, but also harder to spread.

7) Bats. They're also pathogen carriers and reservoirs, and, like birds, cause mutation. Having another mutation-enhancing vector would be nice. Maybe bring all of them (including insects and blood-borne) together in one massive transmission armageddon?

8) Separate the viral/bacterial/fungi/nanite symptoms - These are separate pathogens, each with unique abilities - why give them all the same mutations? It would be nice if the higher-order (ie. more lethal) symptoms were different for these types - ie. let them start the same, but evolve with unique traits. I'd love to see Cordyceps-style traits (mentioned elsewhere in the forum as well) for the fungus... But seriously, don't image-search it if you have a weak stomach...

9) Gameplay-wise, a less aggressive research speed/start delay at the beginning of the nanovirus on Brutal and Mega-brutal difficulties. Maybe ramp up the country-involvement as the infection spreads/becomes more serious? Sometimes I don't even have enough time to get to another country! Also, since it's a non-natural virus to start with, as mentioned above, why not give it non-natural symptoms and infection vectors? Maybe mix it in with the already suggested digital/cyber viruses to create a virus with different lethality mutations (like the Neurax worm's branching tree). Also, the combustion mutation (as suggested by Ajube) would be very cool to have, since I'm one of those people that really just want to watch the world burn...

10) Please compress the savegames! Since I use Steam's cloud saves the huge filesizes are killing my connection!

ALL PRAISE TO THE NEURAX WORM
28-03-2014, 12:10 PM
Suggestions?
A few tweaks for the Neurax worm mode:

-After a country closes down their airport(s),they may order an activation of their
anti-air emplacements,that have a chance (the chance depends on difficulty and the amount of infected in said country) to take down trojan planes.Ramps up the difficulty a bit,but still may be a nice detail.

-I don't know if I'm right or not,but the aggresion symptom description said that the infected will only attack the people that are uninfected,yet there are aplenty of deaths in fully-infected countries.I've never used the symptom enough to see if the deaths stop at any point (I devolved as soon as I saw people dying) so yeah.

I don't really have much to add. Keep doing the great work you guys do.
Wink
29-03-2014, 03:29 AM
This may be slightly similar to other suggestions (and it's been posted to my thread on suggestions on minor changes/fixes) but here it is anyway.

Instead of being an all-powerful-being to destroy humanity, we could play as a country (or Z-COM, etc) attempting to prevent the disease from wiping out the humanity.
For example, the player will be provided with the news and the scientists (and research/money allowance to replace DNA points) to defend a chosen country (or the world).
The player will have to respond to the disease's mutations/transmissions (for example, killing birds as respond to bird transmissions, etc) and will effectively achieve victory once the disease/zombie has been wiped out.
The rate of mutation, ability and transmission will be corresponding to the difficulty of the game, from casual to mega-brutal.
29-03-2014, 05:37 AM
Please make the game harder and add way more achivements! E.g.
-Win a game with score X
-Win a game with score XY
-Master Mode X on Brutal Difficulty...
-Master Mode X on Mega Brutal Difficulty..
-Win a game in less then x days
-Kill x people in less then x days
etc.
29-03-2014, 01:05 PM
Create a official FAQ topic with all questions asked here answered, so nobody will be asking the same questions again and can read the FAQ for that.

~Hollow.
31-03-2014, 07:13 AM
A news filter? (Show only: BLUE, RED, YELLOW, GREY)