The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Suggestions?
18-03-2014, 04:20 AM
RE: Suggestions?
(18-03-2014 03:12 AM)QUART Wrote:  Hi,

I have one simple suggestion, i notice that Spain have wrong location because are under Portugal.

So Spain and Portugal are one country named Spain.

Can you please Correct that?

We (Portuguese's) are won the war against Spain in 1385 so its a shame see that.

Regards,
CM.

To reply in a quote on this from Ndemic
(12-03-2014 12:26 PM)NdemicT Wrote:  I'm afraid this was done purely for gameplay reasons. We couldn't show every country individually on the map as it would be very difficult to click on lots of smaller countries, and we didn't want to overwhelm the player. It wasn't easy to select which countries to put together, but we felt we had to do this from a gameplay point of view.

Absolutely no offence is meant here, I hope you understand Smile

Please try to understand why they did it :3
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2014, 08:40 AM
Two ideas that me and Tau1996 have somewhat formulated.

Mine: http://forum.ndemiccreations.com/showthread.php?tid=49 Reverse Mode

Tau1996: http://forum.ndemiccreations.com/showthread.php?tid=60 Computer Virus

Just thought I'd place them with the rest of the suggestions.
18-03-2014, 09:09 PM
(18-03-2014 08:40 AM)KingS7ay Wrote:  Two ideas that me and Tau1996 have somewhat formulated.

Mine: http://forum.ndemiccreations.com/showthread.php?tid=49 Reverse Mode

Tau1996: http://forum.ndemiccreations.com/showthread.php?tid=60 Computer Virus

Just thought I'd place them with the rest of the suggestions.

I've been reading up on both, they seam real interesting and great ideas!
18-03-2014, 10:13 PM
RE: Suggestions? PANGEA
OKAYYY
ME AGAIN
I HAVE AN IDEA!!!!!!!!
WHAT IF
FOR A SCENARIO...
THE EARTH TOOK A BLAST FROM THE PAST AND.....
BECAME PANGEA AGAIN, THE SUPERCONTINENT!!?!?!!?!?
Muahahahhaaa!
YOU MAY THINK INFECTING WILL BE SUUUUPER EASY, HUH?
Well ya, actually. One landmass bro. BUT!! There won't be any rich or poor countries because everyone combines all their knowledge! Everyone has good healthcare! Aaaaand if it is easier to infect, it is easier to send cure teams around! We still need planes and ships, tho. Lange ain't no small place... Anyways, the only two "countries" will be Gondwana and Laurasia! ISN'T THIS FUUUNN?!!?!?!?!?!?!? MUAHAHAHAHA!
19-03-2014, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 19-03-2014 10:06 AM by Noctif1df.)
Such a great post, yay having everything in one place Smile (The easier to infect everyone.. muahaha? sorry, I know, lame, its late)

So just finished Bacteria stage (don't jump on me, I beat all of them on iOS and just started playing this like a few hours ago), so here's my first impressions, and some 'I'd like to see'.

1) Fun! But same issue as in iOS version, only reasonable solution that jumps out as an average player is infect whole world, downgrade all symptoms along the way, mass kill suddenly. This kind of kills a lot of tactics for me (other options just don't seem to really work), as well as realism (sudden world-wide mutation), and fun (no back and forth playing with the world, sneaking in steadily increasing symptoms, trying to resist cures). And this is on normal, nothing extreme. I'm not saying dumb it down / make it easy, and I'm sure hardcore players have found other solutions, but just provide more reasonable paths through?

2) Love the random events, they really add depth. More of those, particularly once things start going wrong, perhaps reacting to the specific type of plague (insanity vs public defecation vs bleeding out your eyes as you scream about the end times)... something where it feels like your plague actually has substance, not just attributes and achievements? Shouldn't be a lot of work, its just text boxes, and a sense of morbid humor certainly helps

3) More options would be nice for how to fight the scientists if you are trying to be kinda sneaky instead of rushing-massive-organ-failure. Things like 'branching strain' where you drop off your current direction of the plague, lose some of the points / symptoms, but the cure is now about that 'other plague'. Scientists finish it off and don't look into your new one until it actually draws attention, then they start from scratch (but progress much faster since they've dealt with something similar already). Or things like 'shifting strain' where you lose a random symptom but it backs off the cure research due to the unexpected and noticed change. Or 'chameleon strain' where your disease looks like a different one on the surface and gets treated as less dangerous than its symptoms actually are (they are treated as 'off cases')

4) More transmission methods could be nice, right now they are largely tied up with symptoms. So if you want to spread a plague via kissing then you have to make people nauseous. ... And that's all I should need to say about that.

5) Alternate victory scenarios accepted. If 99% of the world is gone, all animal life has been killed, and there is one last holdout in Greenland... yea, humanity is not coming back from that.

Ok, so that was that, its an awesome game (why I own it on two different devices) so please take that in the spirit of 'awesome but here's what may be even more awesome'

Now for some ideas of stuff moving forward (and I haven't played the worm or zombie ones yet... awesome!! so can't wait, so totally perfect as concepts)

1) More non-extreme symptoms. The worm already kind of goes in that direction, but this could be throughout - instead of going the route of blood gushing and organs cracking, maybe touch on plagues that trigger behaviors - aggression (like in the zombie one) which makes it harder to cure and easier to infect, promiscuity (much easier to infect - maybe combo with blood 1&2, dermal transmission 1&2, etc), increased appetite (maybe weak but becomes very strong transmission when paired with livestock), lethargy (decreases chance of detection, harder to cure if scientists get infected).. Or plagues that have weird affects but not necessarily 'oh crap everyone let's cure this right now!' - hair and eye pigmentation changes, porphyria, sparkle in sunlight, etc

2) Plague AI! So one fun thing I did way back in my AI course days was write AIs in Age of Empires that fought other AIs. Geek, I'm ok with it. Anyway, may be interesting to let players write out AIs for plagues changing themselves and such. Could then have player vs. AI battles in multiplayer

3) More interesting scientist options. Right now its just 'get cure. cure plague. pop the beaker'. What about a version of the game where the cure research has breakthroughs where they treat a symptom or limit a vector of transmission, but in doing so they 'use up' (lose) a bunch of the cure time - so the plague player is having to adapt around obstacles. Ok, coughing symptom is cured and it became very expensive.. maybe a rash should develop next..

4) Aliens!!!!! Smile

5) And the AI virus that has been mentioned sounds fun - electronic virus making machines go berserk, maybe even trying to set off nuclear war or trying to get humans to build physical machines it can use..

6) Indirect plagues - plagues (or symptoms) that actually target humanity's food supplies instead of directly the humans. No food means no humans

Mmm.. ok, I'm good for now Smile
20-03-2014, 12:23 PM
Exclamation RE: Put all names of Europe
First congratulation the game are brutal and creative.Heart
But im think need some improvements like in peninsula Iberian not all belong to spain exist one small country call PORTUGAL (born of Cristinado Ronaldo) , in Central of Europe have other small coutry Switzerland, and more countrys not have there Europe.

Im not its borring put all names in EUROPE but if all other country have Europe need have to Big Grin
20-03-2014, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2014 04:42 PM by Ajubb1d.)
I don't know if anyone has already suggested these so here goes... Please add: Flesh Eating Virus and Alien Virus

Additionally: Ability to change mouse pointer appearance options
Spontaneous Combustion symptom for Nano-Virus
Random deaths associated w/Health risks from dead bodies (due to improper burial) when infection starts causing mass fatalities.
Maybe add full support for Xbox Gamepad.. point and click hurts my hand after awhile. (I'm old)
20-03-2014, 03:33 PM
I've got a new Special Disease idea: the CyberVirus. It slowly turns humans into aggressive cyborgs.
20-03-2014, 03:36 PM
(20-03-2014 03:33 PM)ARADPLA Wrote:  I've got a new Special Disease idea: the CyberVirus. It slowly turns humans into aggressive cyborgs.

So a virus that would produce robotic human body parts which then would start reproducing? This kinda reminds me of Metroid Fusion ^^

I like the idea. Tongue
20-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Right now i am loveing this game, just got it on steam.
Right now my fave is Neurax Worm just because you have more options oh how to win and play.
What i mean is Neurax Worm has the ability to cause people to move from place to place and have an alternite ending where the worm rules the world.
Compared to the worm the other plages are very lack luster and all most ly play the same.
Virus may mutate more but like bacteria, Parasite,Parasite , and Fungus all play exactualy the same and have the same afflictions and transmissions as well.
there unique abilitys are not that much introesting, virus higher change of mutation, bacteria lives better, fungus just sends spores, Parasite hides and Parasite the brain just makes it harder to concentrate.

How about giving more affects and differet afflictions for the different plages, and having the ability the have differet endings.

Virus alt ending can have the virus mutate the humans into monsters or mutate the world and animals to attack and kill humans.

Parasite alt can become symbiotic to humans after going through its aility path and affliction path to become benign.

Fungus alt ability can infict buildings and spread in city and urbin places because of old beds or bad drywall or etc etc.

the nano machine its not much differetn ether, it may be on a time limit but has the same transmission effects and affliction effects as well.
As a nono virus its can affect machines and humans and can have the Grey goo ending where they eat everything and leave only them selves or have an ending where they transform humans into machines.