The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

New Plague
14-07-2014, 11:47 AM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2014 05:08 PM by Gandalf The 9aa.)
Lightbulb New Plague
Hello, dudes!

Here's an idea for a new plague type, I'm sure u would like it!

Have you seen John Carpenters movie "The Thing"? It's about an alien organism which can absorb different living creatures and take their "face" - well, it can copy everything: body, mind, every single cell!

Here's few additional things:

1. New game mode adds last continent - Antarctica and Antarctida
2. The alien comes to Earth in a crashed spaceship, so all governments knows about it from the start OOOOOOORRRRRRRR scientists finds a frozen (or not) crashed spaceship and an alien body in a start country.

Here's attachment showing Thing itself (picture from The Thing Prequel)

As you can see, This creature mostly formless, it grows different types of limbs in order to move around or attack humans or animals. But first of all this beast hides inside the human and tries to avoid contact!

I didn't thought about abilities and other stuff, so, people who have seen this movie, write your thoughts in comments!

If you want to learn more about The Thing Lore, here's a link to The Thing's Wiki

http://thething.wikia.com/wiki/The_Thing_Wiki

P.S. I'm sorry for my sometimes bad English, but I'm sure that you'll understand everything!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2014, 10:13 AM
RE: New Plague
(14-07-2014 11:47 AM)Gandalf The G Wrote:  Hello, dudes!

Have you seen John Carpenters movie "The Thing"? It's about an alien organism which can absorb different living creatures and take their "face" - well, it can copy everything: body, mind, every single cell!

2. The alien comes to Earth in a crashed spaceship, so all governments knows about it from the start OOOOOOORRRRRRRR scientists finds a frozen (or not) crashed spaceship and an alien body in a start country.

As you can see, This creature mostly formless, it grows different types of limbs in order to move around or attack humans or animals. But first of all this beast hides inside the human and tries to avoid contact!

I didn't thought about abilities and other stuff, so, people who have seen this movie, write your thoughts in comments!

If you want to learn more about The Thing Lore, here's a link to The Thing's Wiki

P.S. I'm sorry for my sometimes bad English, but I'm sure that you'll understand everything!

Great idea, we've had ideas sent in before similar to this and agree it would be such a cool one to do. There was an awesome PS1 game based on this that came out in 2002 that played on the paranoia / fear aspect of it really well - I recommend you give that a play if you want a game experience of it ASAP Tongue
15-07-2014, 01:04 PM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2014 03:22 PM by Gandalf The 9aa.)
RE: New Plague
(15-07-2014 10:13 AM)NdemicMa Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 11:47 AM)Gandalf The G Wrote:  Hello, dudes!

Great idea, we've had ideas sent in before similar to this and agree it would be such a cool one to do. There was an awesome PS1 game based on this that came out in 2002 that played on the paranoia / fear aspect of it really well - I recommend you give that a play if you want a game experience of it ASAP Tongue

Thank you for reply, Marc! Hope you'll take all usefull information in case of making your game even better!
About the The Thing Game, yes, it's awesome! Played it some years ago and got a lot of fun!
Well, anyway, loving your game, loving your team, good luck out there, guys! Wink
Find all posts by this user