The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Achievement question (Nuc. Retal. - no cheat)
22-06-2014, 06:19 PM
Achievement question (Nuc. Retal. - no cheat)
Hey everyone. Stupid question, I am sure, but has anyone here gotten the Russian/Chinese Nuclear Retaliation on any normal plague? (NOT the immune plague we had before they changed it to cheat modes rather than the three cheat plagues.)

I've been trying for days now, to get the Chinese one. Russian I did, using the immune plague, but they don't exist anymore and using the immune cheat you can nicely get through all the events, but since you were using a cheat, it does not unlock the achievement. I do know all the steps and what to evolve to get there eventually, my problem is, that the events take forever to trigger. Without immune cheat, they mostly find a cure before the president is even taken ill. I once got as far as getting Spalin elected for president, with everything working in my favour, but that was the end of it, because then the cure hit. XD

I've tried several attempts. Killing them slowly, the event triggers but the cure catches on, killing them faster, the event doesn't trigger, as it seems. I'm not a total newbie, I know my way around most of the disease types but I really can't get it done. And yes. I tried casual, and different combinations of genes (e.g. genetic mimic). Outcome stays the same.

So here is the question to everyone out there having played much longer than I have: Is it possible to achieve the Nuclear Retaliation events without using cheats and thus unlocking the achievement?

Or is it only possible with the cheat and the achievement not unlocking is a bug?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2014, 09:32 PM
RE: Achievement question (Nuc. Retal. - no cheat)
(22-06-2014 06:19 PM)Amancha Wrote:  Hey everyone. Stupid question, I am sure, but has anyone here gotten the Russian/Chinese Nuclear Retaliation on any normal plague? (NOT the immune plague we had before they changed it to cheat modes rather than the three cheat plagues.)

I've been trying for days now, to get the Chinese one. Russian I did, using the immune plague, but they don't exist anymore and using the immune cheat you can nicely get through all the events, but since you were using a cheat, it does not unlock the achievement. I do know all the steps and what to evolve to get there eventually, my problem is, that the events take forever to trigger. Without immune cheat, they mostly find a cure before the president is even taken ill. I once got as far as getting Spalin elected for president, with everything working in my favour, but that was the end of it, because then the cure hit. XD

I've tried several attempts. Killing them slowly, the event triggers but the cure catches on, killing them faster, the event doesn't trigger, as it seems. I'm not a total newbie, I know my way around most of the disease types but I really can't get it done. And yes. I tried casual, and different combinations of genes (e.g. genetic mimic). Outcome stays the same.

So here is the question to everyone out there having played much longer than I have: Is it possible to achieve the Nuclear Retaliation events without using cheats and thus unlocking the achievement?

Or is it only possible with the cheat and the achievement not unlocking is a bug?

At the moment the achievement appears to be glitched.
03-07-2014, 11:52 PM
Have you tried using Prion on Casual difficulty? That plague type has unique abilities that slow down the cure.

As of the recent update, it seems that you can no longer unlock achievements when a cheat mode is activated.
04-07-2014, 08:44 AM
@AllHailSpicy: No, I know you can't unlock achievements with cheat mode activated. But so far that was the only time I managed to actually get all the events triggered that you need for it. So the events are still there, the result is still there, it just seems impossible to get there without cheats.
And no, haven't tried Prion. Will give it a shot next time around.

@PlagueIncFan: Thank you for your input.