The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Special Plague
12-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Special Plague
Hi guys I was thinking about the special plague and i noted that the creators hadn't added the Ebola, do you think they should add it in the future updates?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2014, 11:38 AM
RE: Special Plague
(12-08-2014 07:08 PM)markshadow4 Wrote:  Hi guys I was thinking about the special plague and i noted that the creators hadn't added the Ebola, do you think they should add it in the future updates?

It's a difficult question as it's a real issue so topical, but also people are dying, so needs to be handled with care... I'll pass your suggestion on though.

Thanks
24-08-2014, 12:16 AM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2014 12:22 AM by PlagueIncaf5.)
(21-08-2014 11:38 AM)NdemicTechSup Wrote:  
(12-08-2014 07:08 PM)markshadow4 Wrote:  Hi guys I was thinking about the special plague and i noted that the creators hadn't added the Ebola, do you think they should add it in the future updates?

It's a difficult question as it's a real issue so topical, but also people are dying, so needs to be handled with care... I'll pass your suggestion on though.

Thanks

May I add something in this? I think this will seem to most people as a quick money grab off a medical pandemic which would not look good. If one news agency printed an article about it and it gets passed on...... just wait until the app store reviews start to come in........ Most people will see it that way even if you add a disclaimer.

Also this would just make people panic. People who didn't know about the current transmission of ebola would freak out and may even undo all the progress Plague Inc. has made to learn about disease.

Seems like a horrible idea no offense.
24-08-2014, 02:02 AM
(24-08-2014 12:16 AM)PlagueIncF Wrote:  
(21-08-2014 11:38 AM)NdemicTechSup Wrote:  

Thanks

May I add something in this? I think this will seem to most people as a quick money grab off a medical pandemic which would not look good. If one news agency printed an article about it and it gets passed on...... just wait until the app store reviews start to come in........ Most people will see it that way even if you add a disclaimer.

Also this would just make people panic. People who didn't know about the current transmission of ebola would freak out and may even undo all the progress Plague Inc. has made to learn about disease.

Seems like a horrible idea no offense.
I agree with you, I was just asking for opinion, so thanks, but what you said can be valid even for ills like the smallpox obviously is not the same but the situation is a bit similar
28-08-2014, 08:25 AM

a scenario maybe