The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Moron who's new to scenario creator needs help
17-09-2014, 09:46 PM
Moron who's new to scenario creator needs help
Hi

I've been using the scenario a little in my free time/whenever I have the motivation but I'm having an issue whenever I play test it.

Any of my symptoms that have another symptom touching it don't appear at all even after buying the transmission I made needed for the symptom to work (all the other symptoms that appear and need that transmission before being bought appear and can be bought). I tried googling my solution and looking on the steam tabs but to no avail so I decided to just come here and ask. I'm having this issue with 3 base starter symptoms that all have another or multiple symptoms touching it. They appear fine in the scenario creator but not in game when I test it. All of my base symptoms right now cost 5 DNA points and require a 0 cost transmission to be leveled, but any symptom with another touching it don't appear.

I'd just like to know what I'm doing wrong.

how my symptoms appear in the scenario editor http://i.imgur.com/qSyV94a.png

how they appear in game after buying the needed transmission http://i.imgur.com/x0wXRSA.png
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2014, 11:03 AM
RE: Moron who's new to scenario creator needs help
It looks to me that you have only designated three of the symptoms as "Start Points" (i.e. those three traits that are appearing in game). You will need to define one (or more if you want) of those symptoms at the top left, and one of those at the bottom right as a "Start Point".

In the Symptoms editor screen, the option is towards the top (I think it's the 3rd one down).
27-05-2015, 10:07 PM
RE: Moron who's new to scenario creator needs help
(18-09-2014 11:03 AM)NdemicT Wrote:  It looks to me that you have only designated three of the symptoms as "Start Points" (i.e. those three traits that are appearing in game). You will need to define one (or more if you want) of those symptoms at the top left, and one of those at the bottom right as a "Start Point".

In the Symptoms editor screen, the option is towards the top (I think it's the 3rd one down).

And that's the reason why I always test and retest my scenarios before I publish them. Even after I do publish them, I play to make sure it isn't to hard. The first time a pre-evolved the base symptoms for my Modified Chickenpox, people were dying faster than I could infect. take time to c check and re-check your scenarios before they get published. In the end, you are the one who says yes or no to release them. I'm highly satisfied with my work. Check it out. You'd be shocked on how crazy it can get.