The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Necroa Virus and Simian Flu Genes
23-09-2014, 10:30 PM
Necroa Virus and Simian Flu Genes
How to unlock? i have played through alot of the game and a few on mega brutal mode but after i unlocked all the standard genes i dont seem to unlock anything else. i say this because last night i completed bacteria on megabrutal, which was astoundingly hard, but i didnt unlock anything from it. : ( I do have half the cheats unlocked also but i rarely use them.

Also, did there used to be unique Neurax Worm genes aswell? I could have sworn there was at one point.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2014, 03:17 AM
RE: Necroa Virus and Simian Flu Genes
Hello there friend!

Of corse if you beat all the common plagues on brutal it unlocks half of the cheats, as well as unlocking the neurax worm!

I am uncertain that you can unlock zombies and apes by beating mega brutal mode! It seems that it's maybe buy able only! (Zombies maybe unlockable if you beat mega brutal... But I have no proof of that happening! You can try asking some of the experts below here about it!)

But you can suggest an idea to the developers about this, and maybe they will take care of it!
26-09-2014, 09:24 AM
(23-09-2014 10:30 PM)AnimalM Wrote:  How to unlock? i have played through alot of the game and a few on mega brutal mode but after i unlocked all the standard genes i dont seem to unlock anything else. i say this because last night i completed bacteria on megabrutal, which was astoundingly hard, but i didnt unlock anything from it. : ( I do have half the cheats unlocked also but i rarely use them.

Also, did there used to be unique Neurax Worm genes aswell? I could have sworn there was at one point.

Hey there AnimalMan - to unlock the Simian and Necroa genes, you need to beat that disease type to get them (so complete Simian to get a Simian gene) on any difficulty type.

There have never been Neurax Worm genes - it would be a good idea though!
26-09-2014, 12:55 PM
Ah "genes" sorry got confused with unlocking it Tongue
28-09-2014, 05:57 PM
Quote:Hey there AnimalMan - to unlock the Simian and Necroa genes, you need to beat that disease type to get them (so complete Simian to get a Simian gene) on any difficulty type.

Thanks, I worked it out in the end by having a go on casual. Confusion was caused because I played through all the disease types on normal, then brutal and then when going through on megabrutal nothing more was left locked aside from the simian and necroa genes and completing nanovirus and bacteria on megabrutal wasnt unlocking them.